• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I just bought my first airbrush compressor

Go to the local hardware store and get you a high end air filter and a carbon filter for a hood range. Cut a piece of air filter for the front and put the carbon filter in the back. Before we moved in to our current residence, I would airbrush right next to my wife in our little cabin. She said she never smelled a thing.

Without venting outside? :blink
Yes. I was shooting acrylics. I got rid of all my enamels when Ian was born.

Organic Vapor cartridges are specific to use, i.e. Solvents, Ammonia, Formaldehyde, etc. and are only good for about 8 hours use and drop in effectiveness once the package is open.

A carbon filter may remove odors, but not necessarily the toxins or what's most important when dealing with air compression and a spark: flammability.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just trying to keep a fellow modeller from getting hurt.

If you duct the fan portion away from the motor and outside in the shortest, straight route possible, you're on your way.

Go to the local hardware store and get you a high end air filter and a carbon filter for a hood range. Cut a piece of air filter for the front and put the carbon filter in the back. Before we moved in to our current residence, I would airbrush right next to my wife in our little cabin. She said she never smelled a thing.

Without venting outside? :blink
Yes. I was shooting acrylics. I got rid of all my enamels when Ian was born.

Ahhh... :good:

It all looks good to me ... I need to get a regulator for mine ... It's a badger 175 and looks a lot like yours ... Nice choices Dan you can practice on empty milk jugs ...

It all looks good to me ... I need to get a regulator for mine ... It's a badger 175 and looks a lot like yours ... Nice choices Dan you can practice on empty milk jugs ...

The Badger 175 is a pretty good brush for general painting some detail work. My aunt gave me a Badger 200H awhile back which is a single action general purpose brush & not too long ago I received a Badger 3130 (?)Hybrid dual action which is pretty good detail brush which I'm still getting the hang of. Any brush is only as good as the user. So with that, one needs to practice, Practice Practice!! Milk jugs work good, them plastic 3 & 5 gallon buckets work good too. Start off with straight lines, Xs & Os & even try signing your name...

Back