• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I finally got a job!

DioRandy

As many of you know, I resigned from my job a year and half ago to care for my parents. I haven't been able to find a job since. I had to relocate to my hometown and live in their house. The local economy still sucks and nobody wants to hire a guy who's 57 years old.
Well, things are looking up. My former employer of 13 years asked me back to work out of the local office. I start Monday. It's 30 hours a week, which they consider full-time, so I get benefits and vacation. It's at half the wage I was getting, but something is better than nothing. And, I know the boss and most of the people who work there, having started my career there in 2001. Three promotions, requiring me to relocate each time, is the only reason I left the local office. They really went to bat for me. I guess it goes to show that doing a good job and keeping in contact with many of them over the years still has some value in corporate America. Loyalty still exists, it's just much harder to find.

Awesome news. I know how good it feels to get back to work and some stability. All the best to you.
James

h79846f0.jpg

(y)

:geek :geek :geek :geek WTG Randy!! :drinks Now ya kin affordta spend more time at da bench Slacker!! :evil: :tomato :tomato

Excellent news . First that you got a job where you need to be and secondly that there are still some employers that have values other than the almighty dollar .

Congratulations .Cheers, Christian B)

Back