• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hogan's Heroes Mercedes G4 Staff Car

After a crappy couple of days in bed, I'm back working on the G4. The suspension is done. I will paint the motor before I install it and the drive shaft.

84B3C3DA-8C93-4619-AB32-D038302C8681_zps2cqtxruz.jpg

25C04B62-51F7-4CB4-B06E-80D1893F067D_zpsgkvr9ipe.jpg

And I have started the interior...

3B8CB8BF-9AA3-443C-AA50-B29D160F7388_zps65i1gqek.jpg

We have a body!

A1BF36E9-9EB2-45A3-BCEF-6F673CE5F2EF_zpsyjbfagtp.jpg

10FAE657-CCED-4D39-9EB6-30B2CC99AFED_zpsw8ef6avc.jpg

2C09FCE6-D5DC-4AC9-BD42-831C7A62689B_zpsgrefybbe.jpg

I'm not sure why ICM decided to split the body in half, but I glued a strip of styrene under the dash to reinforce the joint.

43D32E21-C1A6-40F7-B18B-52C10E89C91A_zpslh8zobq6.jpg

I like it Kenny! Slightly off-topic, but a point of historical trivia: Both Werner Klemperer and the actor playing Sgt Schultz were both in German concentration camps during WWII.

I like it Kenny! Slightly off-topic, but a point of historical trivia: Both Werner Klemperer and the actor playing Sgt Schultz were both in German concentration camps during WWII.
Mark, Klemperer was in real life the son of a Jew who fled with his family from Nazi Germany in the 1930s. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. Banner, who was Jewish, was forced to abandon his homeland, Austria, after the 1938 Anschluss (union) between Nazi Germany and Austria, which occurred while he was engaged in a tour of Switzerland with an acting company. Unable to return to Austria due to Hitler's anti-Semitic policies of persecution, he immigrated to the United States as a political refugee.

Robert Clary was interned in a Nazi concentration camp as a child. Leon Askin had a run in with the SA early on and then ended up in New York in 1940.

I think it is ironic that all the Germans were Jewish, I wonder if it was planned or just happened?

I think it is ironic that all the Germans were Jewish, I wonder if it was planned or just happened?

I think it just happened. In Klemperer's bio, his one stipulation to playing Klink was that none of the Germans' plans would succed.

Mark, Klemperer was in real life the son of a Jew who fled with his family from Nazi Germany in the 1930s. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. Banner, who was Jewish, was forced to abandon his homeland, Austria, after the 1938 Anschluss (union) between Nazi Germany and Austria, which occurred while he was engaged in a tour of Switzerland with an acting company. Unable to return to Austria due to Hitler's anti-Semitic policies of persecution, he immigrated to the United States as a political refugee.

Robert Clary was interned in a Nazi concentration camp as a child. Leon Askin had a run in with the SA early on and then ended up in New York in 1940.

Thanks for clearing that up. I did know about Klemperer's stipulation, but I guess I was way off on the rest. This is all good to know.

Update time...

99136165-755C-47B3-B88A-654E1DE2E9CB_zpsl1iltytn.jpg

4BB79612-EE23-48E5-8F94-8C5BB7029608_zpskbym8cfe.jpg

Gap I need to fill with sheet styrene.

74C4ECDC-A1F0-4A96-8128-01CA156DAD96_zpsojwys30b.jpg

Some very stubborn chrome. This is after a 4 day soak and scrubbing with a brush.

591E0EEB-C265-4BD5-B9F5-2BF39EB57EC8_zpsbif8nb5z.jpg

What are you soaking in, Kenny? Usually any cleaner with bleach will work, I keep a small jar of Super Clean just for stripping chrome.

Looking good, Burkhalter will be riding in style before you know it. (y)

What are you soaking in, Kenny? Usually any cleaner with bleach will work, I keep a small jar of Super Clean just for stripping chrome.

Looking good, Burkhalter will be riding in style before you know it. (y)

Pure bleach soak Mike.

Back