• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss Pzkpfw. II Ausf. J VK16.01 COMPLETE!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback! Yeah, that click thing can trip you up. :mpup

Hoping to wrap this one up next weekend. Thanks for coming by! :Drinks:

Like Ian, I missed this build as well!

Great work on the build despite the heat screwing up the turret. I've been there and done that myself! A bitch at the time, but makes for good conversations later on! I wasn't aware the PZ II J was in kit form. The one the Russians nicknamed "Baby Tiger". This tank didn't go into production until 1942 and I believe only saw action in Russia, mostly in Kursk. Only 22 were built! I know for certain not a single one of those survived the war. A really cool tank!

By the way, that bus is still sitting there! :smack: LOL

Thanks Mike! I just realized I never took final photos, so here they are.

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1626 (2).JPG

IMG_1627 (2).JPG
IMG_1625 (2).JPG

Sorry for my tardiness on posting these, thanks for coming by!

:Drinks:

The stray French helmet on the headlight is a nice touch! You've really come a long way on the bases you make during the pandemic.
Another really nifty German tank model! :ro:

As several others did, I missed this as well. The melty that happened on the turret makes me extra glad I use some desktop LED lights. Have four that are in my workroom and they put out a lot of light and no heat at all.

This Panzer II reminds me a lot of my Panzer I F build. The tracks to hull are very similar.

With the base done and all, it turned out VERY nice.

KbIJ.gif

Back