• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss Pzkpfw. II Ausf. J VK16.01 COMPLETE!

Thanks Paddy! Sorry for the late response.:blush: So in trying to grow, I have been experimenting with bases and groundwork. I wanted a country road scene, so I cut some rigid foam insulation and laid out a road bed and right of way. Click the photo for a larger image.
IMG_1426 (1).JPG
I covered the foam with DAS air hardening clay to create undulation and so I could add tire and tread tracks.
IMG_1427 (1).JPGIMG_1428 (1).JPG
Looks rough right now, but acrylic mud and static grasses will bring it together. Thanks for coming by!
:Drinks:

Can you pose the IIJ in motion? Pursuing fleeing (French?) opposition? Dirt/mud flying off the tracks? Track commander hanging on tight?
After all the work you've done, and everything you had to do to finish it, this one is my new favorite build of yours!
HARRUMPH!!

Taking to their Heels, Rapidly departing. Advancing briskly in the opposite direction.
Like this!!

There's an echo in here. :lol: While waiting on the tracks to dry on another build, I broke out the base for this one. I'm going for this sort of look.
1615748228669.png

After a prime coat of black Stynylrez, followed by an overall coat of Tamiya Flat Earth, I started with some static grass.
IMG_1529 (2).JPGIMG_1530 (2).JPG
Checking the fit.
IMG_1531 (2).JPG
This is really my first attempt at the static grass thing, you have to build up layers. Some of the adhesive strayed onto the roadbed, but that actually worked pretty well when I added some dry pigments. Happy accidents?
IMG_1535 (3).JPGIMG_1536 (3).JPGIMG_1537 (3).JPG
Base coat on the stump, letting that dry before adding the washes. The fence was made from old branches from our yard. I'm still piddling with it, more to come. Thanks for dropping by! :Drinks:

Wow I really like how that base is coming together! Though the ground work cracked it still works. Maybe a mud puddle or two.
:good:

More landscaping.
IMG_1538 (4).JPGIMG_1539 (2).JPGIMG_1540 (2).JPGIMG_1541 (2).JPG
I'll do better on the fence next time around, it's tough finding the proper small stuff in nature. I've ordered some parts to complete the Panzer II, they should be here by next weekend and I can wrap this up.
Thanks for coming by!
:Drinks:

I must have missed this! This is awsome Mike! I love the tank and the base colors and they will really set each other off once you have it finished - beautiful work.:vgood::vgood:

Back