• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hey Honey.........

Paulw

I have been eyeballing this for a while and I am gonna take the plunge.....http://www.volksusa.com/sws04mustang.html

So if you dont see or hear from me around August, you know what I am doing....

OK sugar... :kiss

Really, I got mixed emotions about this kit. First I'd like to see a good review on it. Not someone opening the box and saying "nice details". Someone who knows what they are talking about. like someone from the P51 Sig.

I just got finished with the Tamiya P51, how much better can it get? But for $80.00, I wouldn't be opposed to getting another big Mustang.

Anywho... let's see what it looks like. :popcorn

wll all I have to do now is squeeze $80.00 out of the pocket book.....
And wait.

Looks interesting but they are brave going head to head with Tamiya's offering. I look forward to seeing how you get on :)

OK sugar... :kiss

Really, I got mixed emotions about this kit. First I'd like to see a good review on it. Not someone opening the box and saying "nice details". Someone who knows what they are talking about. like someone from the P51 Sig.

I just got finished with the Tamiya P51, how much better can it get? But for $80.00, I wouldn't be opposed to getting another big Mustang.

Anywho... let's see what it looks like. :popcorn

Does this one not apear to have have more open panels?

It does Dave but at what cost. If you do an open panel you need to make sure you get everything that is visible in there. Having the skin off the wings opens up all sorts of hyper detailing stuff that would really take a lot of time. I have enough open panels that I haven't finished yet, not going to take on another.

ZM generaly have almost all the interior framing and bits and bobs so they are a very in depth model. I havent paid much attention to the Mustangs so cant say much. But as an example the A-1H has all the pistons in the engine and they are connected to the crank shaft. Another thing (something I am not keen on) they come out with a pile of after market you can buy to fix up some of the softer detail. The A-1H would be around $300 with all the extras. Lucky for me someone sold me 5 extras for $80.00. I find shipping very expensive also, but I'm in Canada so there where extra costs because of UPS. Are they worth it?? I havent heard much bad about them. I got the Spad because I really love that big bird. Will I get the Uhu?? Well after 2 Revel kits I might although cost will be a BIG factor. My 2 cents.
James

I kind of think its a better deal for the price of the kit $80.00 and free shipping. Not bad for me. As for all the other details like figures and support vehicles. I really dont need or do I have room for all that stuff.
If you want to pay for the Tamiya Mustang go ahead, I can fault you there, but don knock ZM until it is done and a review is finished on it.

I believe that the Tamiya kit is worth the money but it stops being a good deal to me at $110.00. Some of the prices the distributors are charging are ridiculous but then I shouldn't be yacking I paid $148.00 for the Trumpy F-100D.

I kind of think its a better deal for the price of the kit $80.00 and free shipping. Not bad for me. As for all the other details like figures and support vehicles. I really dont need or do I have room for all that stuff.
If you want to pay for the Tamiya Mustang go ahead, I can fault you there, but don knock ZM until it is done and a review is finished on it.

I believe that the Tamiya kit is worth the money but it stops being a good deal to me at $110.00. Some of the prices the distributors are charging are ridiculous but then I shouldn't be yacking I paid $148.00 for the Trumpy F-100D.

If you havent built the Hun yet the Zactoman intake correction might interest you.
Bottom right side of page.

James

Back