• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Here it is, the other new Me 262 I finished.

matrixone

Built from the Revell kit is this 1/72 scale Me 262 what-if.

This was another SFTB build, as usual the model was painted with Model Master enamels.

The camouflage is the standard prescribed pattern for the Me 262 Zerstorer's and was airbrushed freehanded.

Most of the markings are from the kit and they actually worked quite well after coating them with Future.

406283841.jpg

406283746.jpg

406283744.jpg

406283745.jpg

406283840.jpg

406283838.jpg

406283834.jpg

406283836.jpg

406283749.jpg

406283750.jpg

Matrixone

All those guns, think they gonna need bigger engines. Mighty fine work Les, really like that camo scheme. What airbrush are you using?

Very nice paint job Less .

This Messerschmidt version is even uglier than the last one though :sick:

They should have stopped while they were ahead .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Moon Puppy!

A very strange Me 262, I guess the designers felt it was more important to have a lot of defensive fire than offensive. :idonno

My go-to airbrush is the Iwata Revolution BR, this has turned out to be the best modeling tool I ever bought. And it puts my expensive airbrushes to shame

I think they lost the original idea - Sleek and fast .

I have the Iwata HP-B plus . Love it !

Are you using Enamels or Acrylics ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christain!

I agree, this Me 262 is not very attractive and looks like it needs to be on a diet. :laugh:

Also I agree with you about the HP-B Plus, its a terrific airbrush however I later found the cheaper Revolution BR does the same job and is not as fussy with thinning the paints for using with it and now the HP-B Plus is my back-up airbrush.

Christian,
For some reason I can't edit my posts like I used to and I forgot to answer your question in my other post.

I use enamel paints, acrylic paints offer me no advantage so I don't use them.

Matrixone

I understand . I still think enamel sprayed better than the Acrylics do particularly the old Humbrols.

I don't have a paint area , so I'm glad to not have all the fumes like before.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks great. Sufficiently different from the 262 family though. Can you imagine the performance issues with all that extra weaponry weight and the blunt lines instead of the sharky lines of its sire. It's very cool to see these WIFs (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Hey Matrix , now that I've had time to check it out better I must have done good on the shopping since my AB seem to have been the same price as yours.

Do you know what size the orifice is .02 or .03 ?

I have been looking for a .03 recently for the reasons you mentioned but have not found a deal yet.

Might just have to consider an Iwata Revolution CR . Need to do more research.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks James!
This version of the Me 262 would no doubt be slower but at the same time would have had better endurance because of larger fuel tanks, just what would be needed for a Zerstorer.

Christian,
Without checking to be 100% sure, my Revolution BR has a .35 nozzle size.
If I remember correctly the Revolution CR has a larger .50 size nozzle and might not be able to spray fine details the same as the BR.
Also the CR has a larger paint cup, nothing wrong with that but I find the smaller paint cups make it easy to see where you are spraying in tight areas.

BTW, my posts might look funny because the text runs off the right side of the page and I can't see what I am typing. :idonno

Matrixone

Thanks Mike!

You mean you don't like how I look? That cuts deep man. :(

I will have to figure out a new avatar someday. ;)

Matrixone

Back