• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa D3A1

I did order the Wolfpack wing fold kit and the Eduard PE for this as well yesterday so those should arrive in a week or two.

Thank you Terry for continuing your installments on this!

Just a brief update tonight with my add ons to this build. they finally arrived!

The Eduard PE set and a Montex Mask

and the Wolfpack wing fold set

This is a nice little set with the resin wing tips and inserts and a little PE fret. The resin tips exactly match what I'll be removing from the kit wings.

Back to this again soon I hope!

That was such a great kit. I'd build another if I hadn't switched to 32nd scale.

I love the wingfold set.

It's incredible how contentious Japanese paint colors can be - so any of their aircraft would be ideal for this campaign.

That varnish you're talking about - do you mean the green/grey Ameiro? J-aircraft is still archived, tons of information.

Chipping away at this a bit at a time!

Decided to chop the wings up while waiting for things to dry!

Hasegawa was nice enough to provide the lines to cut the wing tips off. I guess this is for the kit they have with the wing fold option.

Just a new blade in the Xacto and a bit of time and patience and voila!

The Wolfpack wing tips fit in perfectly!

Back