• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 P-51D

I got one for this, thanks to Geoff who gave me this kit -
P1070306_zps8349aa50.jpg

P1070307_zps9c48ebde.jpg

Will most likely use some AM decals.

Just love the 4th FG aircraft, they were formed from the Eagle Squadrons and were the first Mustangs over Berlin :pilot

:popcorn

Great choice, Chef. If you have a scheme in mind, or just see something and decide "I have to build that one !!", PM me before you buy decals - I have more P-51 sheets than I'll ever use and if I have 'the one' you're welcome to it - no charge.

:dude OK ??

Ian

Thanks chaps and many thanks to you Ian for the kind offer - I should be OK this time round. I'll let you guess the scheme as I put paint on - my money's on the man with the :D to get it right first though.
P1070310_zps1b03269e.jpg

P1070311_zps658d01d1.jpg

P1070312_zps999be395.jpg

"Get your motor runnin'" :pilot

Ian if you overnight those decals to Chef, it'll be too late. :pilot

small bag of :popcorn cause it's going to be done soon.

That's cool, I could never get the opposing side to look the same, course I could just take pictures of the one side...:hmmm

That's cool, I could never get the opposing side to look the same, course I could just take pictures of the one side...:hmmm

Know what you mean Bob, think I got it close enough though -
P1070317_zps723b3ab0.jpg

Now onto the main paint - a light grey underneath -
P1070325_zpsb86fe3de.jpg

and a sand colour on top -
P1070331_zps915ad516.jpg

One more colour to go.

Back