• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasagawa Me 163 in 1/32

OK ,after much deliberation I have decided on this one...

163-profile.jpg

Sometimes too many choices are as bad as not enough. I found this one in an old Profile Publication and oddly enough although it wasn't included in the profiles provided with the kit the needed decals are on the sheet.

Next up was to decided on colors. I probably agonize on this more than most but if I can find information pointing a certain way I like to use it. I found a nice color photo of a 163 that went to Australia after the war and was still in its wartime paint and I also have three sets of paint chips for German colors, the oldest dating back to the mid 70s and the newest from 2005. Looking at all of Model Masters late war colors none of them are a particularly good match for required RLM 81 and 82 colors. WEM's 81 seems to be nearly spot on to my eye but their 82 looked too light to me. However their 80 was real close so I will be using those. WEM paints typically take longer to cure but with two weeks left it shouldn't be an issue.

Probably the hardest part of the paint job will be the white and red on the tip of the nose cone. :bang head Color coming soon.

It will be good watching your take on this kit Gary. One of the few I built way back when and at the time it seemed to be a decent kit straight out of the box. (y)

OK ,after much deliberation I have decided on this one...

163-profile.jpg

Sometimes too many choices are as bad as not enough. I found this one in an old Profile Publication and oddly enough although it wasn't included in the profiles provided with the kit the needed decals are on the sheet.

Next up was to decided on colors. I probably agonize on this more than most but if I can find information pointing a certain way I like to use it. I found a nice color photo of a 163 that went to Australia after the war and was still in its wartime paint and I also have three sets of paint chips for German colors, the oldest dating back to the mid 70s and the newest from 2005. Looking at all of Model Masters late war colors none of them are a particularly good match for required RLM 81 and 82 colors. WEM's 81 seems to be nearly spot on to my eye but their 82 looked too light to me. However their 80 was real close so I will be using those. WEM paints typically take longer to cure but with two weeks left it shouldn't be an issue.

Probably the hardest part of the paint job will be the white and red on the tip of the nose cone. :bang head Color coming soon.

You can pull this off! (y) :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :popcorn :drinks

Back