• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GWH paint callout - P61 ( ext colour OD & N Grey)

Phil

10184195t.jpg

10184195z2.jpg

After some advise on the interior painting of the rear section - note GWH colours, c352=yellow primer C351= chrom Green.

on the 3rd section, shows the shaded bit as C352=yellow, the white as C351=green.

ok now the middle section part F33 is c351=green, (seat is also called as c351=green, and I"m taking that part F29 is also c351=green, as the shading is same as part F33.

So why would the rear fuselage sides there be yellow, with the floor,seat, panel c351=green?

is this correct?

thanks -

Phil can't answer why but I have seen color photos at IPMS Stockholm of the interior of a B17 having the longrons and stringers in Green ZC and the skin in NMF. Seen other shots of multiple colors used within the cockpit. I like the idea and will probably do it on everything I do in the future. Breaks up that monotoned green look.

From that same article from IPMS Stockholm...

Factory instructions for the P-61 stated that all exposed interior surfaces of the pilot, gunner and navigator compartments were to be finished in Northrop Cockpit Green, another factory-specific variant of Interior Green. Instrument panels were to be finished in flat black. Interior surfaces visible from the outside carried the same finish as the outside of the aircraft.

Zinc Chromate Yellow was used as general finish of all unexposed interior surfaces of the P-61. Even the wheel wells were finished in this colour. Two exceptions were the inner surfaces of engine cowlings and the firewalls which were left unpainted.

Got it thanks MP and Jeeves.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/01/stuff_eng_interior_colours_us.htm

nice info!

Back