• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GSI Creos (Gunze Sangyo) Paints in Australia ?

Phil_H

Hi guys and gals,

As some of you may be aware, GSI Creos has discontinued their Aqueous Hobby Color (acrylic) paints in the H-300 and higher number range in favour of their "Mr Color lacquer range. This range included specific Federal Standard. British Standard and RLM colours.

Visiting my nearest LHS this week, I noticed that their entire Gunze Aqueous display rack and all the paints therein was no more.

Does anyone know if:

(a) the Australian local importer is going to continue carrying the still available (lower numbered) range of Aquoeous Hobby Color paints,

and

(b) If they are going to import the Mr Color equivalents of the now discontinued aqueous colours?

If they are no longer importing the aqueus acrylics at all, I'm going to have to find an alternative for my favourite acrylic flat coat (Gunze H-20) or order it from overseas.... :blink

PS: If you like the Gunze aqueous colours and your LHS still has them in stock, grab them while you can, cos there's not going to be any more (at least in the H-300 and higher number range).

Back