• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grant tanks in North Africa

The British Army received M19's beginning in 1942, the last ones being retired in the early 1970's. The ones used in North Africa would likely have been the hard top, comercial cab variant. (Most of the pictures of British M19's seem to be hard cab.) The open cab didn't enter production until Aug 1943. Star Decals makes 3 sheets of markings for British M19's, 35-961 NWE, 35-962 Italy and 35-963 Mid East & Western Desert.

Cheers,
Rich

Me too. I have a Takom Grant which has markings for Monty. Then I have a Miniart Grant and a Scammel and the M19.; I was originally going to put the Grant on the Scammel but I think it will have one of the other tanks on it. I got Star decals for my M19.
1637941550524.png

1637941591314.png

1637941627143.png

35963-01.gif

35963-02.gif

One of these days I might even finish collecting refs and after market for it and build it.
Looking forward to yours.
James

Problem for me is the Hard top M19 seems to be out of production so i was looking to a little artistic licence with a desert version with a soft top.

It is now listed under the "I Love Kit" label. It shows up on several on-line stores on this side of the pond. Hannants has it available for backorder.

Cheers,
Rich

Ha ha , now i have a dilemma....I much prefer the soft top as it exposes and allows for more detail, its also cheaper by about 15%. historically the hard top is more accurate but does that matter to me ?

Back