• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gotha GO 242/244

Thanks Mike, James , Bob , Warren .

B) :popcorn
good work - never seen anyone build one of these before!

Thanks Ian . You're right, there is not a lot of evidence of anyone building one of these but I usually think of myself as coming from a slightly different mold anyway . So, this is not a major surprise . :)

Thanks for looking and commenting guys. It's very encouraging .

Cheers, Christian B)

Great work so far (y) I'm another who hasn't seen one of these built as a powered or glider version.

Hi guys. Finally managed a bit of progress here . Removed the Grace project to a safe place and started building.

The factory cockpit is nearly an empty hole except for the seat and the console.

Gotha_cockpit_004b.jpg

So I rescued some rudder pedals and some seat belts from the spare box .

Made some levers for the console along with a few small details.

Gotha_cockpit_006a.jpg

The replacement glass looks nice . Now to attempt the instruments.

Gotha_cockpit_007a.jpg

Gotha_cockpit_008a.jpg

If I was a sci-fi guy I thing this would make a good space shuttle . :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow, I came into this late, but that is a great model! Now I want to get two of them: one to make powered and the other a glider. You're doing fantastic, keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words guys. :)

If I ever manage to wrestle this wire harness into place :( I'll be able to glue down this transparency and make some more progress :good:

Can't wait to get out of this cockpit !

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi guys. Finally managed a bit of progress here . Removed the Grace project to a safe place and started building.

The factory cockpit is nearly an empty hole except for the seat and the console.

Gotha_cockpit_004b.jpg

So I rescued some rudder pedals and some seat belts from the spare box .

Made some levers for the console along with a few small details.

Gotha_cockpit_006a.jpg

The replacement glass looks nice . Now to attempt the instruments.

Gotha_cockpit_007a.jpg

Gotha_cockpit_008a.jpg

If I was a sci-fi guy I thing this would make a good space shuttle . :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

(y)

Well, my first attempt to install a wire harness failed. Being made from copper wire it was too stiff to install :(

GO_Harness_001a.jpg

This one made with DM is a lot more flexible and worked much better .

GO_Harness_002a.jpg
:)

Anyhow, I think it will add a bit to the overall looks of the beast :drinks

GO_Harness_003a.jpg

Great stuff to work with. Cheers, Christian B)

The wire might be a touch thick, but I like the addition to the 'pit. Smaller stuff might get lost in there once it's all painted and closed up. Call this a vote for running with it. (y)

Thank you all for your interest on this topic. :good: This is a surprise to me :)

I have no idea what ran up the windshield of this bird but I feel certain it was not all wires.

I know I have seen yellow wires in the cockpits of some museum pieces.

Below is a JU 88 cockpit with all sort of things running vertical in the background . Photo courtesy of Aero Detail # 20

JU_88_cokpit_001a.jpg

My wires ( or whatever ) are 1/2 thick in scale. The fact that they are yellow just serves to enhance the size even more.

My point is that it is the smallest available that is manageable . Even without as much as paint. :)

In the end, it is most likely slightly out of scale but considering nothing much is in scale :facepalm it's just another drop in the bucket. The seat legs are probably equivalent to 4x4's and the transparencies 6 " thick.

Too late anyway. It's all glued shut and is staying that way. Never mind that the gauges have dials glued on the blank plastic.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back