• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gotha GO 242/244

GO_244_progress_005a.jpg

Finally, I mixed up some RLM 02 and sprayed on a coat . :)

Thanks for looking

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice Christian, Looks good!

Are you planning on displaying it with the cargo door opened?

Yes I am . Working on the idea of adding some seats and some cargo as we speak . Of course that will take some to locate as I have no military supplies.

If anyone knows where to get German crates and barrels at a reasonable price please share with me.

Cheers, Christian B)

This is my first attempt at the hairspray method , and these are the consequences .

GO_floor_check_001a.jpg

GO_floor_check_002a.jpg

That done, I can install the windows before I close it up. But wait, all the small parts have this wicked flaw to them.

GO_windows_002a.jpg

So, I've done a lot of sanding . Not easy on the small parts :S

And then, there's a small matter of making them fit.

GO_windows_001a.jpg

Anyhow ,here's a before and after. Left side before and the right after the micro kristal klear and a coat of future.

While the future was drying I made some plugs for the engines to rest on but had to add that bottom shim to make them look as though they were not about to fall off. I will have to get some miliput out to smooth all that out.

GO_2nginesa.jpg

Guess I'll get back to the windows. Plenty more to sand flat.

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

I like the flooring. Looks used but not over used. As for the windows, would it be easier to use Crystal Clear or White Glue to make them? So far coming along nicely Chris.
James

I have thought about James ( that's why I have the Klear to start with) . Unfortunately there's is a limitation to size and unfortunately these are a bit too big. :S I even considered some clear acetate sheet but none of these are particularly easy due to their sizes.

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

If it's not too late, Chris, I have some thin clear styrene. I'll be back home Wednesday if you wants it.

Kinda fun using the hairspray, huh? I'll bet Lisa is wondering where you used it. :rotf

Looks good. (y)

thanks guys for the positive words :D

Joey, have you got any 1/72 supplies you would part with ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Bob, I'm looking for cargo..... German stuff . Oil drums , crates most likely . I do have some rolling stock .

I talked to Dave about it. He's looking.

Thanks guys. Christian B)

I a have to confess to being a slug this week but I have managed to take some small steps forward.

I finally have all the side windows done. I thought I could do this last pair the easy way since they are small enough.

GO_weight_and_balance_001a.jpg

But it was a failure :blink and I finally had to polish the kit ones and install them instead . Never could get them smooth. Probably because the walls are so thick. :facepalm

I mocked up the airframe so I could see how much lead it would take to keep it off it's tail.

GO_weight_and_balance_002a.jpg

Now I can make the right weight to glue underneath the floorboard and start assembling . :cheer:

GO_weight_and_balance_003a.jpg

Not nearly as much lead will be required as I had thought .

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

Back