• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Going grey in 2016 ??

ij001

This time last year I sat at this same keyboard and made a sort-of modelling 'to-do list' for 2015.

In my mind I wasn't going to build any WWII stuff, just 'modern' jets... full stop. So it's with some surprise that I look back at 2015 and see three NASCAR's, three AFV's a 'Dinah', a 'What If' Spitfire and the only 'jets' a B-57 for Micro Modelling Month and an A-4F that I did for the Skyhawk GB over on Kiwi Modeller.

This year, I already have an F-8 built and ready for paint, in the immediate 'to do' pile, an F/A-18 for the Gulf War GB and an F-14 for the Kiwi Modeller Tomcat GB. There's also a pile of Mirage's - a couple of III's, and F1 and an M2000 on the way for my birthday (doesn't matter that I had to buy it m'self). There's also a pair of F-4's and a pair of Harrier's waving at me as well as a Tamiya F-16 and the brand new Revell Tornado.

Now I'm not saying that I'll build all of these, but nevertheless if I can manage to stay on track and not get diverted by other bright 'n shiny things I could very well be a candidate for the New Zealand version of "Fifty Shades of Grey" by this time next year...

... :whistle:

Happy New Year everyone, see you in Wesendorf Field very soon.

Ian.

Hear hear on the grey birds! :drinks

I'm hoping to get a couple grey birds knocked out this year as well for part of my mid '90s CVW-11 collection. Likely candidates are a VS-29 S-3B Viking (Torpedo GB), VF-213 F-14A Tomcat (Naval GB), VAQ-135 EA-6B Proweler (Naval GB) or a HS-6 MH-60H (So Others May Live GB), though finding 1/72 HS-6 decals are going to be a PITA.

I'm not going to try and make any predictions, other than weight loss, but I am going to try to do better than 6 builds, maybe finish a couple pending and do something really nice modeling wise.

I have to preface this by saying that I am fully following LAST year's resolution.....by not making any more resolutions!

Now that said, I actually want to complete the current GB's I am in (Modern MBT, Bomber Command II, and Dejan Vu), two that have not started but to which I am committed (Micro scale and APC/IFV).

I would like to participate in the Carrier campaign, but that will have to wait until my head is better above water before starting something like that

The only other thing that sorta-kinda-maybe-baby I am wanting to do is to do a SNAPSHOT IN TIME model. I have found this one particular picture of a Jagdtiger that I find very interesting and am gathering the raw materials for now. If i do not commit to it I still have a neat model to build!

Just ordered this from Hannants:

ha362c6f_2016-01-04.jpg

Together with a Pavla corrected resin nose, a master pitot and an Aires resin seat. Hopefuly when it's all done it will look a little like these:

hd6262ad.jpg

ha1825ab.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-c9QNMF7M&feature=share

In the meantime, I still want to finish the Crusader as soon as I can get back to the workbench, and there's other big grey jets to consider...

h5469fdf.jpg

Already 'going grey' just thinking about it all !!

Ian.

The Aires seat will be a very nice little upgrade piece. That's the one thing I wish I had for my MIIIO. I've always liked the M2000, I'll be looking forward to seeing that one. If that kit is like the MIIIE kits, it should go together pretty nicely with a little patience & prep work. :coolio

I actually need to place an order w/ Hannants...as they have the ES-3A conversion kit for the 1/72 HAS S-3A/B.

Back