• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Go big or go home II (Academy 1/35 MH-60S)

Paulw

After getting settled in my new digs I found a deal on Amazon that I couldn't refuse. Open a new credit account and they give you a $75.00 Credit. This bad boy ran 69.00 and some change. I used m y credit and voila! Free kit. I went through it to see if there were any short shot parts and I am happy to report that there are none. Here are the compulsory pics.

Nice snag bro! If you want the details, may I suggest the MH-60S interior, exterior, cockpit and seatbelt PE sets. I'm not sure if they have a Big Ed set out for it yet.
Also, Cobra Company has a resin MH-60S detail set as well. I HIGHLY recommend the PE sets and the resin sets.
You won't regret it.

Tim

Started the rotor yesterday and got finished with that and the tail rotor.

So today I managed to get the ip done a couple of seats and the deck and overhead.

The deck is supposed to show some wear but here it looks mottled so the flash just doesn't do it justice.

There were a couple of these at the AiC show a couple of weeks ago... I can't say that I was tempted, but they did look very impressive just sitting in the box !!

Looking forward to this one, Paul.

Ian.

Thanks guys.

Today was a busy day with the build, grand kids and a good visit from Paul (Heaven's Eagle).
I had some time to work on the insides a bit and managed to get the ammo storage and pilots station sans torque pedals done.

I know that there is more stuff to put in and some how I think I am missing some stuff in the kit. ASW station and such. Hawkwrench should be able to clear that up but I suspect the MN-60S is mostly an attack helo instead of an ASW platform.

One of the neat things about this kit is the cockpit doors. You have to rempove the molded in ones and use the spares off the sprue to make the armored door at least I suspect it is an armored door.

This is the right fuse half.

Left half after surgery

oops

More later.

Back