• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Germanic Warrior

Rudi Richardson wrote:
Looking real good, James, real good!

This is one of Pegaso's classic figures, and from what I see thus far you're doing it justice. Is this one of those "Aussie" kits we discussed on pF?

BTW, Hardy doesn't post on HF - I wish he did! I think he mostly posts to his own site, Mike Butler's MedRom Forum, and possible The Basement.

Rudi :)

(p.s. to reiterate: I'm really impressed with your figure progress! (y) )

Thanks Rudi. This is one I got from a fellow in Winnipeg Manitoba and was sealed. The others are write offs I guess. I really seem to enjoy figures more and more.
James

Rudi Richardson wrote:
(p.s. to reiterate: I'm really impressed with your figure progress! (y) )

Me Too! It's great to see someone share their learning experience. Can't wait to see the next installment.

James,

You are doing very well, your progress are really visible!

Keep up the great work!

Ciao

Giovanni

Wow, James! He is really looking great! You are rapidly becoming a proficient figure painter!

Iron Mike wrote:
Wow, James! He is really looking great! You are rapidly becoming a proficient figure painter!

Not even close. But I am having fun and I am really pleased with this one so far. Thanks Mike.

James

Okay, got some stuff from Treemendous and started on the base. This is where I am so far.
ground1_1_20100921_1317941956.jpg

ground2_2_20100921_1033472726.jpg

ground3_3_20100921_1850725331.jpg

I need to finish the fungus on the free and then when I get the materials preped put some moss on it. Ground is almost done. Try and do some more painting soon.

James

I am late to the party but just wanted to state how much I like this figure...reminds me a bit of taking the kids to see "How to Train Your Dragon" earlier this year...they really enjoyed their first movie "at the theater" and I loved the CGI...looking forward to more James!

That stuff looks AWESOME! Bob said it was good stuff, but that really convinces me!

James what stuff did you use ?

Andy says wafting a freshly baked Steak and Kidney Pie around his computer room,....mmmmmmmm !

Oh Im sorry, hehehehehehe !

andyfettes wrote:
James what stuff did you use ?

Andy says wafting a freshly baked Steak and Kidney Pie around his computer room,....mmmmmmmm !

Oh Im sorry, hehehehehehe !

I got ground work materials from Treemendous. The log is a stick from the park and the fungi are from 2 part epoxy putty. Sorry Ant but I used Fredericus Max grass because I didnt have any paint for Ants grass.

Oh and thats just plain mean wafting that steak and kidney pie in my direction. I haven't had it in over 20 years. Tried to convert my wife to English cooking but she drew the line at Liver, most pies and gasp Kippers for breakfast. :laugh:

James

Thanks everyone. This is keeping me going. I have to make a public thanks to Giovanni for helping me with the paint process and for making me stretch my bounds. I think this may be my best figure yet.
So here are a couple of more pics. My photog skills suck so believe me when I say the real thing looks better. I have finished the wolf skin cape and am getting ready to try the bear skin waist wrap. I'm using vallejo and trying to copy Giovannis technique to do it and the tanned skin.

Inside the cape
9_1_20100925_1784364801.jpg

10_2_20100925_2043030068.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome. I can hardly wait to finish this one so that when my French Lt of the Line from the Fanco Prussian war arrives I can get more tutoring. If your learning to paint then join us. It should be fun.

James

Okay a little bit more. Did the straps on his leggings and his shoes. Straps in leather and then dry brushed with mars orange oil. Did Bear skin but I didnt have the colours suggested by Giovanni so thought a bit and tried to make something close. Still have some work on that.

12_1_20100926_1594042319.jpg

And thought I would throw this in. As I find a combo I like I write it down and paint a chip. Maybe of some use to someone else.

11_2_20100926_1857865174.jpg

Camera work still isnt very good. It either comes out dark light or washed. Oh well 1 thing at a time.

James

Back