• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Germanic Warrior

jknaus

Administrator
I've started yet another figure (one I really like) in part to try and get this painting thing down and in part to keep modeling as the roadblocks keep popping up. So here is the start a Pegaso 90mm Germanic Warrior. A Subian fellow.

1_1_20100905_2032626732.jpg

2_2_20100905_2017358962.jpg

3_3_20100905_1135601821.jpg

4_4_20100905_1146234172.jpg

James

Excellente !!

Erm, excuse me for saying this but is that you in a previous life ? :)

Sorry James couldnt resist that :)

So which medium or mediums are you using ?

Acrylics for the flash base and oils for the beard or have I been sniffing the "booger" glue too much ? :woohoo:

andyfettes wrote:
Excellente !!

Erm, excuse me for saying this but is that you in a previous life ? :)

Sorry James couldnt resist that :)

So which medium or mediums are you using ?

Acrylics for the flash base and oils for the beard or have I been sniffing the "booger" glue too much ? :woohoo:

Cant rightly say :S

I painted in vallejo as per Giovanni's sbs then oil. The hair I painted in dark skintone and then in oil a mixture I read about. Naples yello and white with a touch of red. I'm cooking it right now and then will wash with a darker shade then drybrush with a lighter shade and see how that comes out. In the flesh it looks better than the pics. I hope I understand the face part. Next up is the pants and then nerve myself up to the animal pelts.
James

I must say that it is coming a long great

That Naples yellow beard reminds me of UK figure painter Hardy Tempest SBS` so I think you are definately on the right route !

I hope you didnt take offence at my remark, the first picture alongside your profile picture tempted my comment,...but in the nicest possible way of course.

andyfettes wrote:
I must say that it is coming a long great

That Naples yellow beard reminds me of UK figure painter Hardy Tempest SBS` so I think you are definately on the right route !

I hope you didnt take offence at my remark, the first picture alongside your profile picture tempted my comment,...but in the nicest possible way of course.

:laugh: not at all. I thought it was kind of funny. I'll have to google the sbs you mentioned and see what he says. Is that Hardy from Planet Figure?
James

yeah but I think he goes on some others more like,...

http://hfmodeling.kitmaker.net/
http://www.timelinesforum.com/forums/index.php?s=a163c3c466be52029fd78c337093c162&

heres the link to his site
http://www.hardytempest.moonfruit.com/#

Little bit more.
Finished the hair. drybrushed with a lighter base shade in oil and then being goofy did shadows with a wash of Vallejo English Uniform. It doesnt look too bad I dont think.

Next blocked in the pants and the cured skins with Vallejo. Will do those in oils.
And this is what it looks like now.
7_1_20100907_1062148592.jpg

8_2_20100907_1549263408.jpg

Thoughts comments critiques most welcome.

James

jknaus wrote:
Little bit more.
Finished the hair. drybrushed with a lighter base shade in oil and then being goofy did shadows with a wash of Vallejo English Uniform. It doesnt look too bad I dont think.

Next blocked in the pants and the cured skins with Vallejo. Will do those in oils.
And this is what it looks like now.
7_1_20100907_1062148592.jpg

8_2_20100907_1549263408.jpg

Thoughts comments critiques most welcome.

James

Hi there.

Editing this post of mine because the text of it disappeared after I sent it the first time. What causes that I wonder?

Anyway, what I said was that when I first saw the painted face on this figure of yours I was shocked. You see it bears an uncanny resemblance to my late grandfather. If I had an image of him when he was about the same age as the figure appears to be, I bet it could be him or his twin. I think that you are doing a superb job thus far of painting this figure. I hope it continues to go in the direction you want it to.

Good luck and cheers from Peter

James it is lookin awesome

Moon Puppy I see what you are saying it must be the big blue eyes ....... my wife has big blues , Im a sucker for em.

Dreamy ain't they?

Yeah I can see this guy taking on a roman phalanx on his own, and not spillin' his beer.

moon puppy wrote:
Dreamy ain't they?

Yeah I can see this guy taking on a roman phalanx on his own, and not spillin' his beer.

Okay now I'm really laughing. I wish I knew how to sculpt because I'd swap the hand holding an axe and put in a frothing stein of good German beer. Actually he would look good at a bar with the foot rail. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now I'm thinking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIwLWNEZtbc

I should get a drink so I can feel this silly for a reason :silly:
James

White people really do dance funny don't they...don't tell him I said that. :mpup

Is that the trance music I've heard about?

Played with the contrast and loghting a bit. Makes it look more like what I see.
8a_1_20100907_1858649705.jpg

I'm liking him.
James

Looking real good, James, real good!

This is one of Pegaso's classic figures, and from what I see thus far you're doing it justice. Is this one of those "Aussie" kits we discussed on pF?

BTW, Hardy doesn't post on HF - I wish he did! I think he mostly posts to his own site, Mike Butler's MedRom Forum, and possible The Basement.

Rudi :)

(p.s. to reiterate: I'm really impressed with your figure progress! (y) )

Back