• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German I.R. Infantry Gear - wiring ??

panzerace007

Hey Guys & Gals ,

I'm working on this 120mm Verlinden Night Fighter. He's got a STG 44 & the I.R. gear attached with a Box on his back as well as a converted Gas Mask canister that holds th Batteries ( ? ) . The Box art & some pix that I have , show the Light wired & the wire going around his back.

I was wondering if any one had/ knew of any diagrams that show th wiring & even go as far as to explain function ? Another reason is that there are some "knobs" on the Gas Mask canister & I don't know if they are knobs or lights ( like an "On" light , maybe it's a red light when the power is on )

Reworked_Gas_Canister_II.JPG

The "node" below is where th wire comes out ( depending on which side it's on, One goes to th light on the scope (?) and th other one goes to th wooden box ( ? ) , but th top one ... it almost looks like a signal light that would tell you that th power is on. There are 2 more on th other side of the canister as well ......

Thanx in Advance !

:erik

LAURA ,

WoW ! Thanx ! A couple of these pix & text are New !!! From Pix that I have ( the German Inf. with th STG , ) I couldn't tell & never noticed that th scope it's self was also wired !!

So , if the Gas Canister wires the Scope & the Black Light - is that correct. The light on top would have a Black lens ? The scope's Lens would look a Black-ish Red ? - Then what does th Box DO ? There is some differences between th Dragon Figure & the Post War pix of th I.R. gear. Dragon has that garish lookin "boiler drain" fitting on th side of the box, but th post war pix do not seem to show it ??

Thanx for helpin & sharing !!!

:erik

Some larger views of the same images:
nachtjager2.jpg

nachtjager1.jpg

FG1229Vampir.jpg

celownik0011.jpg

More info here:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=155153

Regards,

Saul I'm swiping this picture, what is that box on the shooters back? A hand cranked generator for the scope? Thank god for Duracells.

edit- yes it is, I just checked Laura's link...

Hey SHARK,

Thanx for th bigger pix. So it looks like th Box was a power unit ( batteries) & wired to th Gas Mask canister & th Canister was wired to the Scope & the light ! ?

From what I read and have observed, the gas mask canister is stowage and a secondary battery. The light colored cable ran from the IR scope around the torso and into the gas canister. The IR lamp, with a dark cable, connects to the larger box.

Have you looked at the links?

Regards,

Back