• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German cooks

jknaus

Administrator
Anyone know who makes 1/35 German military cooks in action type poses? Thanks in advance.
James

jknaus wrote:
Anyone know who makes 1/35 German military cooks in action type poses? Thanks in advance.
James

In styrene Tamiya has a German cook in its Field kitchen set that doesn't have the horses. You might have to modify the arms and legs a bit to give it a more active pose depending on what you mean by action. The cook as is, is stirring the pot on the field kitchen.

There are a few other figures too that are waiting to be fed.

Cheers Peter

Thanks. They just don't suit what I have in mind. I could do with a couple of bakers truth be told.
James

Hey James,

Not quite sure what your mean by "cooks in action poses" - do you mean cooks armed with ladles or guns :idonno (FWIW I'm in desperate need of a coffee :cheer: )

I reviewed a Yoshitaka Hirano figure a few years ago for HF: Click here to read the full review on Historicus Forma

The figure could be suitable, and in the Platoon/Pegaso incantation could work as a cook, baker, butcher or even candlestick maker. Or even just a regular Heer soldier :laugh: Yoshitaka Hirano released this same figure with a slight modification in the way of an apron (ala cook ;) ) through his own line, Yosci (available through Miniature Park).

Here's the pic of the Yosci version (see my link above for the Platoon version):

large_11225.jpg

BTW, since you're becoming quite the figure guy, have you considered extending your figure skills and trying a few simple conversions? Shouldn't be too difficult to convert an existing DML or such figure to the pose you require... Just a thought ;)

Rudi

Thats the perfect figure the Yosci one. I'll have to try and find it now. As for becoming quite the figure guy, not even close, but I'll keep trying. One day I'll have to try a conversion as I haven't done that in eons. Thanks for the heads up.
James

Hmmmm , try Jaguar Models http://www.jaguarmodels.com/

Here is their Baker JA63052 which comes with bread and base :)

BadgerBaker.jpg

They also have Whats cooking JA 63137 :)

Badger2.gif

Jenny :kiss:

I second the Jaguar's What's Cookin' set - I've used it and it's pretty good. Versitile poses. The down side is the one guy standing, his hands on his belt are a bit stiff.

slodder wrote:
I second the Jaguar's What's Cookin' set - I've used it and it's pretty good. Versitile poses. The down side is the one guy standing, his hands on his belt are a bit stiff.

I agree , he does look a bit yuck , hmmmm maybe he would look better with a lead foil apron and maybe a new Hornet head ?

Jenny :kiss:

I think I'll have to find the baker dude also. Mpw a fuzzy plan is forming.
Thanks Jenny.
James

I like them, but they dont fit in with my vision either. I have a bakery wagon that I saw on 1/2 price and decided to splurge. A couple of bajers will be perfect I'm thinking of having a Steyr 1500A truck with flower ect in the back parked close by.
Thanks everyone.
James

Hi James
If you haven't located the Yoshi figure yet, it looks like you can find it here:

http://www.coloradominiatures.com/Y-G23.aspx

Tom

TomN wrote:
Hi James
If you haven't located the Yoshi figure yet, it looks like you can find it here:

http://www.coloradominiatures.com/Y-G23.aspx

Tom

Thank you. I'll get it from them.
James

Greetings jknaus
I’ve located a 1/35 German cook which may be interesting to your enquiries’. It’s from Scale Link Ltd and the number for this cook is SMA019 Elderly German Cook, image below. Scale Link Ltd have other German cokks aswell.

gsf019_1_20101031_1429264540.jpg

Kingtiger10

UK

Greetings jknaus
I’ve located a 1/35 German cook which may be interesting to your enquiries’. It’s from Scale Link Ltd and the number for this cook is SMA019 Elderly German Cook, image below. Scale Link Ltd have other German cokks aswell.

gsf019_1_20101031_1429264540.jpg

Kingtiger10

UK
Thank you. I'll look them up.
James

And look up a good Wiener Schnitzel recipe... I was in 20 points of being in the good cholesterol range, I got room to play!

And look up a good Wiener Schnitzel recipe... I was in 20 points of being in the good cholesterol range, I got room to play!

Nice veal punded flat. pat dry and then dredge in flower. Then beaten egg then a nice breading, lightly seasoned. Fry in a small amount of oil golden brown both sides. The Sauce though really makes it. Either a nice jager sauce (brown gravy with mushrooms) or zigunner (brown gravy with peppers and mushrooms) or Konigs. This will put you over the top. Button mushrooms sauted in butte and white wine then add whipping cream, sour creme and then heat till slightly reduced and away you go. I havent made scnitzel in a while so I defer to our German membership to correct any mistakes. Hmm I see a meal comming this week.

PS dont forget the spaetzela.

Horrid speller alert.
James

Either a nice jager sauce (brown gravy with mushrooms) or zigunner (brown gravy with peppers and mushrooms) or Konigs.

forget about that zigeuner and jäger treatment with breaded schnitzel! jägerschnitzel and zigeunerschnitzel are something completely different!

a slice of lemon, squeezed over the schnitzel does it already! tastes very good! as side dish freedom fries ( ;) ) would do it!

PS dont forget the spaetzela.

spätzle! (spaetzle) ... i wouldn't serve spätzle with wiener schnitzel! spätzle go well with some deer, accompanied with lowbush cranberry!

spätzle are a pain do make anyway!

Back