• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German collar dog

jknaus

Administrator
Cool, going through a filing cabinet I found this today. Way cool. Maybe David can give some back ground?

collar_dog.jpg

James

looks like a wehrmacht uniform breast eagle or peaked cap eagle - officers version!

depends on the size!

eagles like that were worn on e.g. the white garrison uniform jackets ...

How can you tell its a fake?
I just found a book in the library called Nazi regalia and it shows the same thing as "Army Insignia worn on walking out dress cap by all other ranks and NCO's"

James

I just found a book in the library called Nazi regalia and it shows the same thing as "Army Insignia worn on walking out dress cap by all other ranks and NCO's"

James

Hi James, I take it your talking about the book by Jack Pia (1971). If you look very closely at the eagle above the wings are the wrong shape and have a different design to the one in the book.

See below for Army style cap eagles.

eagle1.jpg

army1.jpg

James

Hi James, I take it your talking about the book by Jack Pia (1971). If you look very closely at the eagle above the wings are the wrong shape and have a different design to the one in the book.

See below for Army style cap eagles.

eagle1.jpg

army1.jpg

I agree here too. i have the SS Regalia book by Pia and it clearly shows the wing tips feathered (uneven)

also the lower edges show mold excess- the real thing should be crisp- IMO. Still a cool piece, fake or not.

I wonder if there was a civilian version to this? it probably wouldn't be as well formed as the military pins. This is neat.

Those new photos are just wonderful, nice detail and not washed out like the original photo. It is a ribbon eagle for the Army long service award.

ribboneagle.jpg

Bar_1.jpg

Spendido that`s excellent news

The mystery has been sol-ved,.. says he in his finest Insp Clouseau accent :)

I think the first picture made it appear a lot larger than it really is ( I remember my wife saying something similar in the past,......... :( )

anyway back to the eagle :evil:

Back