• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

General Jimmy Doolittle's RC3-2

Sir, with all due respect, Your appreciation is plenty. How's the DO-24 I sent U coming along? :bang head :popcorn

Why is the rum gone? B)

I told Chris last night that you'd paint the face, it was ordained!

:drinks

Hey Chris. Have not had a chance to work any of those yet . The French flying barn has some issues that will take considerable rework . That almost sounds like a moot point :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Windscreen installed. Tried for more cockpit detail photos. :bang head Not So Much. Paint the fuselage blue next!
23Nov13_RC3-2_1.JPG

First coat of O.D. is on the pontoons, but I had a spatter issue with a less than clean airbrush.
23Nov13_RC3-2_2.JPG
:pilot
I found a Supermarine S.6-B in CHI! More Scheider racers on the way!

Awesome! (y) I love air racers. I wish they would give us some modern wonder kits of these great planes!

First coat of dark blue. First coat of paint on ther floats didn't come out so hot.
22Nov13_RC3-2_1.JPG

I'm pleased with the Blue. I decided to airbrush the tri-color rudder as well.
22Nov13_RC3-2_2.JPG

Still needs a bit of fine tuning where the Chrome Yellow meets the fuselage.
22Nov13_RC3-2_3.JPG
:drinks

Adam. They DO! check this link out!
http://www.hpmhobbies.com/brands/High-Planes-Racers-(Limited-Run).html
Mzde "Down Unda", the kits aren't too bad, not Tamiya-esque, but the subjects are broad!!

:dance Got some bench time today. Masked, sealed & shot the white on the rudder. My old, free, friend, the plastic shopping bag sheeting!
21Dec13_RC3-2_1.JPG

I had more pict's to post, but it's showing like a Mad Martigan here.
White Christmas!! :yipee

Hey, this thing is starting to look nice. Wish I would have known you earlier :( .
I had a friend in Reno that offered me his stash of racers a few years back.

Cheers, Christian B)

I need some more decals for the old Monogram "Pylon Racers" set! I like to model, and I'm an airplane nut, Like my Father before me. I enjoy all sorts of models. I'm hunting for a 1/24 ' 60 Chevy Panel Wagon, so I can do Newbomb Turk's pie wagon from the movie "the Hollywood Knights". I'll bet I can get one in Rochester, at the "Hope It Don't Snow" show.

Awesome! (y) I love air racers. I wish they would give us some modern wonder kits of these great planes!

Yeah, there seems to be interest by a lot of people. There are the Aerotech kits but they're 1/32 and cost a lot of $$$

Great job Rhino, it's looking really good!

:yipee Cold Iowa temps resulted in some quality workbench time today. I used my G23 "bigboys" airbrush to re-apply the OD green to the floats. Grand Funk Railroad, and Three Dog Night helped the progress along! :dance
IMG_0885.JPG

Model Master OD
IMG_0886.JPG

Drill for rigging wires after the paint cures a bit.

:pilot Made some headway on the empennage as well. Rudder stripes came out OK.
IMG_0887.JPG

I'm masking for the Black base coat on the wings, to apply Alclad Brass to the wing radiators. :bang head
The back of the airscrew is also flat black. I used Floquil Engine Black, jus' cuz it sprays SO Nice!
IMG_0888.JPG

Never mind the Flakvierling Turm in the float pictures!! HA! :silly:

It was a Three Dog Night here last night too, record low temps, broke a 133 year old record. :S

Pretty colors! I dig it. :drinks

Back