• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

General Jimmy Doolittle's RC3-2

Rhino

Super Moderator
:pilot Yup!! The old Hawk Kit! I scratchbuilt the interior, and now she's in Primer. Working on the floats & rigging. If ya wanna C her done, come to the Plastic Surgeon's 20th Anniv. show, unless I'm suddenly employed!! (tee-hee)

2sept13_RC3-2_primer.JPG

Rc3-2, 1st coat of Orange/Yellow. My bottle of Floquil didn't say "Gloss" on it, so I had a deuce of a time spraying it. Better Yellow first, then the blue, then the shiny Black for the metalizer on the wing radiators. the less one handles the black base coat, the better the metalizer comes out.
12sept13_RC3-2_1st_yellow_coat.JPG

Yes, Earplug masks keep the paint out of the cockpit, too!

Thats a cool idea. I've bought the foam that ladies use in their primping, never thought of earplug foam though.
James

Cockpit photo. There's a lot of scratchbuilt detail in there, it just isn't readily visible.
1sept13_RC3-2_Cockpit.JPG

Sunday's progress;
Assembled the floats, and gave them a test fit. Not too shabby so far.
22sept13_RC3-2_1.JPG

There was much filing to get the fit just so.
22sept13_RC3-2_2.JPG

Coming at ya! out of the tree line! Stuck the prop on just for fun!
22sept13_RC3-2_4.JPG
:pilot :drinks

U're correct. Basic instruments, throttle & mixture controls, Stick. I was gonna put rudder pedals in, but they'd be invisible, and I'm too big to fly it off!

I did put on another coat of the Floquil Orange/Yellow gloss. It looks suitably per war to me.
It takes longer than anticipated to dry. :bang head
22sept13_RC3-2_4.JPG

OOPS! this is the paint booth shot!
22sept13_RC3-2_5.JPG

Merde! I LOVE Minions! I think you have something there, Oh great Victor of Spartanburg!!
Well done, BTW!!!

I told Bob I bet you got hijacked last night, now I see where the photos were taken. B)

Swell, indeed!

Minion.jpg

:drinks

Phantom II suggested, and I just could not help myself!
Papoy? N-n-n-n-no! Aeroplane!
Oooh! Aeroplano!
23Sept13_RC3-2_1.JPG

:stinker

Back