• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gator's maritime builds

Gator

Here are some of my naval builds...

1/700 I-16

I-163.jpg

1/72 Ha-19

100_2615.jpg

1/700 HIJMS Kongo

Kongo20.jpg

1/35 LCC

KnoxLCC7.jpg

1/35 German Sturmboot

sturmboot19.jpg

1/72 British X-craft

100_2286.jpg

1/72 CSS David

CSS_David_13.jpg

That is actually the world's first operational torpedo boat.

Torpedo's where just mines as far as I recall..use sub to attach to ship. Saw the one in Charleston harbour?? that sunk and was recently found. Think a movie was made.
James

These are some seriously cool builds. I like the water especially. Its very refreshing to see something that's not dark yellow or OD for a change. Keep up the good work and looking forward to more gray swimmy thingy's.

Joe

You guys are talking up my alley here, Kenny have you done the Hunley yet? I read somewhere there's a new resin kit based on the latest research on the real thing down in Charleston.

Have you got a WIP somewhere with your water effects?

Hey Kenny !!!

Good to see you posting here , we sorely need an Admiral for this forum , just might be the least build and post place on the site , ................

but now that you're here ......................

Great stuff Kenny!! Makes me think of another group build :hmmm

Terry ;)

Kenny,

I gotta get you to use the gallery here (or The LEM) so I can see the images and comment. I get the images blocked depending where I am working. I have a few ships and subs waiting should you come up with a GB in which they fit.

Regards,

Thanks guys. The water is made with paintable latex caulk. Here is a feature I did for Model Shipwrights.

Link to feature

Saul, your wish is my command oh toothy one.

Hi Loup,

Guess your avatar has something to do with your last name... or not. :D Anyway, very nice builds! :dude I'm particularly fond of the Kongo, as it is a very elegant ship and participated in most major sea battles during WW II, being sunk somewhere at the end of 1944 - wish it had survived the war. And your build does it justice! :notworthy

As some have already said, it's good to have some more ships around here! ;)

Cheers and feel yourself at home! B)
Fernao

Kenny,

I gotta get you to use the gallery here (or The LEM) so I can see the images and comment. I get the images blocked depending where I am working. I have a few ships and subs waiting should you come up with a GB in which they fit.

Regards,

Use this one, it's better maintained... I know... :D

:mpup

You guys are talking up my alley here, Kenny have you done the Hunley yet? I read somewhere there's a new resin kit based on the latest research on the real thing down in Charleston.

Have you got a WIP somewhere with your water effects?
The Hunley is on my list to build. Also, when I was researching the David, I found out that the David and Hunley had a history together. The David was used to tow the Hunley out to sea.

That's right, you can go to Breach Inlet between Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island today. Last time I went I couldn't help to picture the site. The Hunley also used tides to come and go, that's what they were doing when last seen by signal light the night they took the Housatonic down. waiting for the tide to make for Breach Inlet.

You can see the old Battery Marshall concrete gun emplacements, but I suspect those emplacements are more modern even though beach houses are built on top of them now. There's one of these crescent shaped concrete emplacements sitting in the middle of the beach because of erosion over time. When they were built they were several yards inland, now they are beach front to say the least.

The history of the Hunley has always fascinated me, I can remember in the late 60s going to Charleston and seeing the skeleton of old blockade runners were still visible on the beached out on Sully's. I think someone said one of them was a David class boat, not sure about that.

Kenny, you may get me make a IOPSC road trip to get a shrimp sandwich and take some pictures.

Back