• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fw 190D-9 and Ta 152C in-progress

Gorgeous looking a/c. Nice deer. Usually they just walk in front of me when I'm driving to work in the morning.
James

Thanks for the comments!

James,
Around here you really have to watch out for deer since there are so many of them, at least in town the speed is low enough to be able to avoid hitting any of them but out on the highway its another story, years ago I had a brand new car for less than a week and hit a deer...the car survived the deer did not and since that time I have had many close calls. :S

The RLM 82 was successfully sprayed inside the fuselage cross and it matches the photographs of the full size machine well enough.

h95c0802.JPG

Now I can go ahead and finish adding the rest of the decals.

Matrixone

All decals are on these models now.

I am liking how ''red 18'' is shaping up.

hc6b2b27.JPG

h3f2b9cd.JPG

h55015ab.JPG

The Ta 152C...

hb4120e7.JPG

h06fc477.JPG

Both models together

hbe1471f.JPG

Matrixone

MasterLes.

They look perfect !...I intend to make my Ta like yours...thank you for posting ! :good:

:drinks

Luiz

Thanks Ian and Luiz!

The one thing that bugs me about ''red 18'' is the black 17 in the circle on each side of the fuselage is too small but I suppose its better than nothing.
The EagleCal sheet I used for ''red 18'' was produced a few years before the two volume set of books on the Fw 190D-9 from Eagle Editions came out and back then the small black 17 markings on ''red 18'' were not known so the decal sheet did not include them, I had to scrounge around in my spare decal box to find something that might work.

Thursday I gave both models another coat of Future to seal in the decals and I am now getting ready to start adding some weathering effects with oil paints...besides airbrushing adding weathering with oil paints is my favorite thing about building models. :)

Matrixone

All decals are on these models now.

I am liking how ''red 18'' is shaping up.

hc6b2b27.JPG

h3f2b9cd.JPG

h55015ab.JPG

The Ta 152C...

hb4120e7.JPG

h06fc477.JPG

Both models together

hbe1471f.JPG

Matrixone

Cool work Les.

Have you ever thought of trying to make your own decals? I've done some monotone (black and white) before but not color.

Bob,
Buying anything for the hobby is a no-go for me right now, when things improve I might just look into making my own decals. As it is now I have a lot more decals than models to put them on, a few years ago I bought quite a few aftermarket decal sheets so I am well stocked for a few more years. :)

Matrixone

Here is the undersurface of the Ta 152C after some work with oil paints.

hd9ad55b.JPG

I also did some highlighting with oil paints on all the access hatches on the fuselage sides but its hard to see some of them in this picture.

h44be93c.JPG

The Fw 190D-9 (not pictured) also has had similar weathering done with oil paints and the paints are drying a bit before doing more work on it so as not to smear any of the oil paint.
Oil paints dry very slowly but that can be sped up greatly by using a hair dryer to blow warm air over the model, between the use of the hair dryer and letting the model sit overnight the oil paint should be dry enough to safely handle the model to complete the work with oils.

Matrixone

Thank you for the comments!

A bit more weathering has been done on these models using oil paints and a little bit of airbrush work, also some of the first stages of paint chipping were put on the wing roots.
Weathering takes me longer to do because after I add some weathering I like to stop for a few hours and then return to the model with fresh eyes, this way I don't go too far and ruin the model by adding weathering effects that look hurried and that's what happened a lot a few years ago with my models.

h577e157.JPG

haae4eb0.JPG

h42822a6.JPG

hc7a1266.JPG

h5d80f52.JPG

h797aac8.JPG

hac033e2.JPG

h22cb0ff.JPG

h87e5640.JPG

Matrixone

Perfect job MasterLes!...the FW 190 D underside looks so realistic , fantastic...very inspiring for me :good:

Best!

Luiz

Thank you Luiz,
Where can I see more of your Fw 190 build? It looks like the GB had ended and is gone. :(

Matrixone

Ok Les...you can see it in the Modelers Allience Masters Section ( Luiz Barroso )...I intend to start the painting job next week...

Best regards!

Luiz

Back