• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

France 1944 Gatehouse

download (1).jpg

Thanks guys , yer too friggin kind !!

I've been weathering the gatehouse and the attached gatekeepers quarters with a burnt umber wash and a red/brown pastel chalk brushing .
For some reason the pics show a very reddish hue as opposed to real life which show a browner hue with reddish highlights .
Drove me crazy , ....... then I found out that the two four lamp each florescent light fixtures above my bench are the culprit .
The pics in the den with regular bulb light and some daylight through the windows show the real coloring .
Anyway , attached gatekeepers quarters progress .

8OtBa8Q.jpg

PIg0FA6.jpg

NMr8DkI.jpg

xH4STND.jpg

MUSRjZs.jpg

JaCjQTY.jpg

X1z0GHS.jpg

BTRCTSn.jpg

Gt8xkKG.jpg

Du4fWsa.jpg

KxgFP8q.jpg

yYIbguV.jpg

Y5g61YA.jpg

8YhmxfW.jpg

4YC3ulF.jpg

pTivpOA.jpg

Wow!

that looks awesome! I love the windows and the door. Do you make the blocks or are they purchased?

Thanks guys !!
Pup , all my builds are all over my room , stuck here and there , haven't run out of room yet , fingers crossed .
Thanks Sharkman , the blocks are molded from Hirstarts molds , the windows and doors are scratch from basswood . Don't use balsa , too soft .

Piet suggested I make the roof with zinc panels , just so happens I have molds for that , thanks Piet my plaster brother .

Shut off those dam flouresent [ sp ? ] lights that made everything pink toned . Used just regular room lighting and got the red/brown color I was going for in the pics .

Nu4qNdD.jpg

pGAw1So.jpg

sJhRBPk.jpg

EGGoL6V.jpg

Szc7Aza.jpg

isnn8Gj.jpg

Back