• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker E.IV

jknaus

Administrator
Well my Fokker D.VII is just about done and I have started a group build on a WWI site of another Fokker DVII. I need a bit of a breather from them though and have started a Fokker E.IV for a break. Eventually in the next few weeks I will combine and do a dual build. In the meantime here is the one I am starting and the scheme I am planning to do.

Fokker%20E.IV%20638~15,%20Karl%20Albert,%20Albert%20Oesterreicher,%20Alfred%20Prehn%20%281%20victory%29,%20Wilhelm%20Viereck%20%282%20victories%29%20&%20Kurt%20Wintgens%20%2819%20victories%29,%20KEK%203,%20mid-late%201916..jpg

I have an Engine coming from Taurus that I hope I can build as well as this one:

1.jpg

some muzzles by Taurus"

3222%20ADV%20WWW.jpg

A cowling from Aviattic"

DSC01288.jpg

And if it is out in time the new Aviattic CDL decals.

James

Well made a start. Wood started and aluminum skin painted. Next up is figuring out how to do the engine worked marks on the aluminum. Have a few ideas to try.

DSC04865.JPG

DSC04863.JPG

Fuel tank painted and frame painted. Next is detailing the cockpit up some. I didnt sand off the rigging on the forward floor. I dont think it will be noticed.
James

Okay I cant seem to get a good shot of the metal work I have experimented on. I hope you get the idea though. Now I'd really appreciate an opinion on my take of the Engine Machined Metal. I'll try to take pics in a better light tomorrow and see if it looks better. Until then what do you think

DSC04869.JPG

DSC04868.JPG

DSC04867.JPG

And I did some work on the wood. I think it looks okay so far.

DSC04866.JPG

James

You're right James, that metal work is hard to gauge . Is that supposed to be swirls in the finish ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Yes, its supposed to be Engine Turned Aluminum. Here is a Fokker E.III for an example.

Fokker_EII_WNr_257.jpg

James

Hey James, just for S#@$ n Grins, do a wash over what you got now, maybe a lighter color. Looks like the swirls would pickup the pigments and maybe stand out a bit more. If it gets too dark you could proably come back with an AlcladII overspray, just light mist.

James that is a cool idea! I can see metal surface differences.

Terry (y)

Thanks guys. Despite being home the past 2 days I havent got a lot done. Here is where I am though. I built 8 rigging lines for the cockpit and 3 disappeared along with 1 pe piece. Wonder what I will have to sacrifice to find them?

DSC04872.JPG

DSC04873.JPG

DSC04874.JPG

Try and get the wings finished today or tomorrow. and finish up the details in the cockpit so I can button up the fuse.

James

I built 8 rigging lines for the cockpit and 3 disappeared along with 1 pe piece. Wonder what I will have to sacrifice to find them?

James

I'm given to believe that smaller body parts (finger-tips, ear lobes etc.) are the preferred currency these days. Major body parts (limbs and the like), are reserved for repeat offenders. Internal organs are required only if you manage to lose a whole wing, fuselage half or decal/instruction sheet.

HTH :idonno

Ian

I built 8 rigging lines for the cockpit and 3 disappeared along with 1 pe piece. Wonder what I will have to sacrifice to find them?

James

I'm given to believe that smaller body parts (finger-tips, ear lobes etc.) are the preferred currency these days. Major body parts (limbs and the like), are reserved for repeat offenders. Internal organs are required only if you manage to lose a whole wing, fuselage half or decal/instruction sheet.

HTH :idonno

Ian

Oh damn

face_palm.jpg

This happens here fairly frequently. Except in a smaller scales. :rotf

1 st search all the desk areas. :blink :blink

2 nd search the cabinet where odd bits and pieces stay in wait...... :idonno

3 rd search all floors areas ..... :coolio

4 th give up and sit back on chair :hmmm and voila , it's on the desk :good: How's that work ? :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back