• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker DVII OAW Die sieben Schwaben

Hi James, these things look incredibly good. Really can't tell there is any problems from here.

I have however wondered if there is any significance to the red bands on the cylinder heads.

In civil aviation in means the cylinder wall have been chrome plated. Does it go back this far ?

Keep up the good work ! Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Chris. The red bands mean these are over pressurized cylinders. I believe thats how they got the 200hp from the 180hp engine.
James

Thanks James . Somehow I doubt that any of these jewel survived long enough to get rebuilt engines but then again I have not done any research . That train of though may not be valid.

Cheers, Christian B)

Here we go. Get a few Z's

sleeping%7E0.gif

sleeping%7E0.gif

sleeping%7E0.gif

Awesome Erik, thanks. I'm pretty sure at 4:10 thats Herman Goring.
James

Yes Herman Goring is in it several times, also Anthony Fokker himself with his father, and a lot of other German aces, but I don't know who is who :idonno Manfred von Richthofen should be in this film to.

Erik

Thanks Erik . Nice film. Definitely Goring . Sort of eyes you would not mistake .

Looking at those planes, I think you guys are taking your paint jobs way too seriously .

Cheers, Christian B)

And so the fun has begun.

DSC03291.JPG

DSC03292.JPG

The 4 colour lozenge looks quite different than the 5 on my other Fokker.

DSC03000.JPG

James

Well a few setbacks. The grey I sprayed did not mix well with the paint retarder. My fault I'm sure. So it was watery. Seems it seeped under the masking tape. Will respray that. Got the grey resprayed. Then mixed the lavender type colour and sprayed it. Looking at the pictures I did not mask the opening. What an idiot. Just hope the cockpit isnt ruined. Wont know till I spray the green and then remove the masking from the cockpit.
Decals did not go one the lower wings well at all. Not sure why. Looks horrid. Will have to live with it I guess or throw away. I'm leaning towards the live with it.

DSC03299.JPG

DSC03300.JPG

DSC03302.JPG

James

Back