• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker DVII OAW Die sieben Schwaben

Okay Brick Wall time. I cant line up the springs and lifters. Tried a number of things and it just doesnt fit. I dont understand. I am ready to shelve this (2 in a row might have been too much as I'm fast losing interest). Either that or get some cylinders from another kit and replace these ones with the originals. I just dont know yet what I want to do :java
James

Hi James,

I hope you can work it out! I'm sure you can, but I can understand it's very frustrating, to say the least :S

Cheers erik

I have to save a couple of pennies up and buy a new engine. I'll try and pry the ignition harness off and the spark plugs and put new cylinders on. I'll use the kit timing gear and springs etc. Wont look as good as theTaurus ones but at least it will fit. Then just a few lines and install the engine and start painting.
Havent given up yet, just taking a breather.
James

Might have a way ahead. Will do some work tomorrow and see how it turns ou. Stay tuned.
James

Okay I know its not great but got the timing cover and valve springs on.

DSC03281.JPG

DSC03282.JPG

Engine is just sitting in frame. Some more work and weathering to do. Almost to the painting stage.
James

That looks great, James! Are those the Taurus bits? An excellent bit of work on this engine, my friend- cheers!

Thanks guys. Yep Bob I am probably my own worst critic. Chuck the timing cover is WNW. The springs and spark plugs are Taurus. I couldn't get the Taurus cover to work. When I compared it I found the individual covers just slightly bigger and so it threw everything out of alignment. Could be the resin expanded. I still think they make an incredible product though and fully recommend them.
James

Panels on, last of the piping on, thinking I'm going to button this up. This one doesnt have the top right engine cover so will still see some engine stuff. Bottom wing has some decals on. Need to mask so I can start the painting.
James

The engine looks great!
Sorry if you already answered this one, but ... How are you going to handle the 7 bunny hunters graphic on the fuse? do you have a decal for that or what?
Keep up the good work.
This makes me want to break-out one of mine.
Thanks for the inspiration and show and tell. (y)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill. It is one of the optional decals, set 4 http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3084
Eventually I want one more of these, but the Alb version. Right now though I think 2 in a row was a bit much.
James

Back