• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker DVII OAW Die sieben Schwaben

Thanks guys. I havent had a lot of desire or time lately to do much more. I have gotten the spark plugs on and done more on the engine.

DSC03199.JPG

DSC03200.JPG

DSC03201.JPG

I havent taken pics, but the cockpit tubing and the floor and dash have been base coated. I also painted and gloss coated the lower wing and ailerons so I can decal them in between building stages. Thoughts, comments, critiques welcome.
James

Thanks everyone. Now I have to try and wire it up. Started painting the frame and decalled inside. Just about destroyed one of the decals. I have painted the fuel / oil tank and the ammo cans. I wish WNW gave better directions for the optional parts on the new decal sheets. They give a list, but it is hard to sort out some of the details. Point in fact, the upper housing is one that previously was not for use. No mention is made on if you should modify the fuel/ oil tank filler tubes. I decided not to as the new coaming doesnt have indents for the modification. I will also have to afix a flare pistol to the upper wing, just not sure how yet.
Picks in a bit.
James

Thanks James, Bob, and Dave. I wouldnt say Awesome work, but it is coming together nicely I think.
James

Got a bit more done today. I still have to add the "glass" to the instruments and do some weathering. The wood grain doesnt really show for some reason.

DSC03215.JPG

Different lighting.

DSC03213.JPG

DSC03212.JPG

James

Looks pretty good to me James. That lighting sure made a big difference in the wood tones :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Back