• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Flak-Panther WIP - Cyberhobby/Dragon (# 6626)

panzerace007

Hey Everybody,

Well , Here is my 1st. WIP ..... any where ! So , I guess you could say that TnT poped My Cherry ! (y)

O.K. any way .... I started this Kit from Cyberhobby/Dragon(6626) Flak-Panther Ausf. D . This Panzer actually saw Action with the 653rd. Schwere JagdPanzer Abtl. This is the Only one that existed. After reading from Karl-Heinz Munch - Combat History of the 653rd.

Sadly there are No pictures of this PANTHER . All of the ones that I've seen are Photo-Shopped. It does appear in Their daily action reports between the Summer ( June) of '44 , but I believe it was knocked out in Sept. of '44.

As some of you may have seen the Review of Griffon's Gun Shields kit I've posted here, This is the Kit that will have the Gun Placed on it. I've gone out of Order as I built th Flak-vierling 38 1st. & not started with th Laborious Task of cleaning Road Wheels !

I'll Keep every one in th Loop .... Enjoy th pix of th Flak-vierling ..... If you would like a more in depth look at th Flak-vierling build check out the review here on TnT ..... More to come Soon !!

DSC06486-1.jpg

DSC06488.jpg

DSC06394.jpg

Here is the Jig that i had set to glue the hinges down. A home Made Jobbie !

ERIK

moon puppy wrote:
Interesting use of the hinge and handle folder.

MOONIE,

It acted like a Back Stop to keep th Shield from moving around on Me. Plus some other Items I used as Jig's - A Bottle of Mr.Dissolve Putty, Mr. Surfacer 500 , I used those & the Hinge maker to hold the Ammo Bin Armor square & straight when I soldiered it on a 90 degree angle !! lol

Although .. I think Micro-Mark sells a Magnetized Jig ? I'll have to look it up ??

ERIK

Oh one of my all time favourite vehicles :) The 653 rocks and I am looking forward to you doing this . A panther that has quad plane shooters just perfect B) .

Jenny :kiss:

Iron Mike wrote:
Nice! Glad you chose TNT for your first WIP pix!

Yeah IRON MIKE,
It seems to be a place without Pretension( correct verbage? )! I dig this place ! Every one's really cool & there doesn't seem to be any Haters. i.e. People that Stir th Sh%t- pot !

It feels really comfortable here ! CHEERS !

ERIK

Erik, you are right on about that one! I look forward to dropping in every day for that exact reason!

MIKE,

Has any one thought of a Research Forum - A forum We could go to ask & leave Pix,& Text in case someone had a Question on say th STUG III G count for Das Reich during th Battle of KURSK? ( just an Example) or is there one & I just have Missed it ?? :unsure:

ERIK

Hi Erik,

Make your own magnetized jig. Since Micro-Mark began making and selling cheap knock-offs of products they sold, I have decided to get off my duff and make some of these tools myself. Ceramic magnets are easy to find. A sheet of ferrous metal (I used thin Stainless Steel) and I have my own Steelcase desk made of... you guessed it, steel. If you need a lip, like the fancy one sold by Micro-Mark, you will need a true bending brake.

Here is a web site (ignore the wingy thingies) which covers building using magnets to help assembly.
http://www.airfieldmodels.com/information_source/how_to_articles_for_model_builders/tools/magnetic_building_board/index.htm

Yet, you already know how to make your own tools!
B)

Regards,

Back