• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fireball Introduction

Fireball

New to this forum. I go by Fireball. Former Navy, Machinist Mate, Vietnam. Started modeling as a grade schooler with the help of my father. First model was a AT-6 Texan. My first model on my own was an SBD Dauntless and I modeled all thru high school building a little of everything, tanks, ships, cars, motorcycles, etc. Got back into it a few years ago and I am definitely a novice to all the finishing, detailing, and weathering techniques of today. I have not started air brushing yet so with that being said I do use a rattle can but the majority of all paint is by brush. As of today I only have 18 finished builds and is finishing no. 19. If I can figure out how to load up some photo's on this site I will shoot some over for critique.

Welcome Fireball! This is a really friendly group and everyone is of a like mind to help each other.

As to uploading photos, if you are using a computer, it is quite easy. Open the file with the photos and have your browser open with your new thread post. I press Enter a bunch of times and then drag each photo across from the folder. I do a fair amount of work on the photos before posting so that they are clear and not a large file. That makes it easier for other folks browsers to download and view. It is fairly simple and a little practice makes it easier once you know what to expect.

Welcome to the team .gif

Sound collision. Brace for impact. Prepare for model madness and fun! We're an eclectic bunch of semi-global model maniacs. Ranging from "Expert" to "build them just for the heck of it". Some of our childhoods continue to this day. The techniques are unchanged. The modern options for doing so might bamboozle a Man.
Was your T-6 Texan the 1/72 Hawk kit?

Back