• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finished Me 262A-1a/U4

Thanks nsmekanik, Dusan, and Firesmacker!

Dusan,
I tried to look up the W.Nr. of this Me 262 in my book ''Me 262 Production Log'' which has all known Werk numbers and the W.Nr.501322 of my Me 262 is not listed but the 501 IS a well known W.Nr. block for the Me 262 A-1a, perhaps this Me 262 was not recorded at the time it was built or the records were lost or destroyed in the confusion at the very end of the war. One of my reference books on the Me 262 stated that three Me 262s were fitted with the MK 214, two are well known prototypes the third was never identified. This Me 262 could be the third Me 262 with this weapon but how or why did this plane end up with KG(j)6? Did it see any combat after the nose change or even fly at all because of fuel shortages?

Matrixone

I expect you have seen this but i was at the RAF museum in London the other day and thought of you :)

_DSC4278.jpg

Back