• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FAST CAR...big battery

Tim A.

When I took our Cayenne to the Porsche dealer for service, I spotted this Taycan Turismo. It's Porsche's EV model and is ranked as one of the most powerful production electrics in the world. I think Porsche swung and missed by not making this sharp car at least a hybrid.
1000008105.jpg

While there was a time when I wanted a 911 really bad, these days I wouldn't bother even if I did have the money. I would rather have a vintage vehicle for fun, and would go with a Lexus/Toyota for everyday.

While there was a time when I wanted a 911 really bad, these days I wouldn't bother even if I did have the money. I would rather have a vintage vehicle for fun, and would go with a Lexus/Toyota for everyday.
I would do the air cooled 1990's 911 for a boulevard cruiser.

I hope the hydrogen-powered Porsche isn't called "Hindenburg". I wonder how long the ev fad will last.
Good question. Reminds me of when Jerry Seinfeld said "pop tarts blew everybody minds. We just weren't ready for them yet".

Hybrid's and petrol engine cars will be banned in Europe soon so European manufacturers will not introduce anything new other than electric.

I have been looking at changing the car and thought i would buy another 3 door A3 but was told the 3 door chassis is discontinued as it wasnt strong enough to take a ton of batteries as they phase out ICE cars....so i will keep[ what i have ...

I hope the hydrogen-powered Porsche isn't called "Hindenburg". I wonder how long the ev fad will last.

Thev will last as most manafactureres scrap the ICE production lines.
China will control the supply of lithium for the batteries but really, certainly in the UK and Europe , this is about killing the car in all forms.
In the UK the roads are gridlocked, you cant park anywhere, fuel is stupidly expensive because of tax and duty, no new houses now have parking spaces. They are designing a modern world where the car doesnt fit in. Its done in the name of Green but its really about control of your life.
People now demand to work from home. they get their groceries delivered, everything else come to you next day via amazon. they are even talking now about on line schools . The idea is no one will need to go out at all so you wont need a car or be allowed to have one..

Thev will last as most manafactureres scrap the ICE production lines.
China will control the supply of lithium for the batteries but really, certainly in the UK and Europe , this is about killing the car in all forms.
In the UK the roads are gridlocked, you cant park anywhere, fuel is stupidly expensive because of tax and duty, no new houses now have parking spaces. They are designing a modern world where the car doesnt fit in. Its done in the name of Green but its really about control of your life.
People now demand to work from home. they get their groceries delivered, everything else come to you next day via amazon. they are even talking now about on line schools . The idea is no one will need to go out at all so you wont need a car or be allowed to have one..
Everybody stays home, except the Postman🙃

Ford is having a lot of trouble selling EV's here. It's a lot of politics, that we really don't get much into on M/A.
"Divide and Conquer." Romans came up with that, did they not?

not trying to be political because in the UK all the parties agree on the current stance . Just giving a view from across the pond on why Porsche and others in Europe are unlikely to launch a new hybrid model as they will be illegal after 2030.
Coincidentally in the papers today, Volkswagen for the first time since the war are now shutting a factory. They have to sell a quota of EV's in proportion to their petrol cars but they cant sell the EV;s as no one wants them so they cant sell the quantity of petrol cars they could have either.

its incredibly badly thought out because even if the whole of the uk goes to EV's which they will have to by law soon....their isn't the infrastructure to even charge them. The national grid network doesnt have the capacity to charge 50m ev's over night and it never will with solar and wind power (at night) and as for charging points at home ? how does that work if you dont have a parking space near your home/.supply/meter ? ie: you are on the 10th floor ?
The only answer will be to move to China :) where they dont have any of this nonsense :bigrin:

Last edited:
I am just going to say this and let it go where it needs to.
Politicians are panderers. Whoever is screaming the loudest gets the grease with no real thought as to consequences. In our country they have been doing giveaways for decades and buying votes with that. If people would just look around at what is and has been going on, but most folks are ostriches and stick their heads into dark places. The whole world is going to be in the ash can or file 13 before long.

not trying to be political because in the UK all the parties agree on the current stance . Just giving a view from across the pond on why Porsche and others in Europe are unlikely to launch a new hybrid model as they will be illegal after 2030.
Coincidentally in the papers today, Volkswagen for the first time since the war are now shutting a factory. They have to sell a quota of EV's in proportion to their petrol cars but they cant sell the EV;s as no one wants them so they cant sell the quantity of petrol cars they could have either.

its incredibly badly thought out because even if the whole of the uk goes to EV's which they will have to by law soon....their isn't the infrastructure to even charge them. The national grid network doesnt have the capacity to charge 50m ev's over night and it never will with solar and wind power (at night) and as for charging points at home ? how does that work if you dont have a parking space near your home/.supply/meter ? ie: you are on the 10th floor ?
The only answer will be to move to China :) where they dont have any of this nonsense :bigrin:
The infrastructure is not ready here in the states either.

My Maserati is going electric... Slower though.

View attachment 173274
Yes, I read the Maserati didn't match up well against the Taycan turbo EV, muscle wise. Give it time though. I am enjoying the sense of competition between heavy hitters like Maserati and Porsche. Heck, Tesla out performed Porsche in an EV match up. Porsche couldn't stand for that and this years Taycan destroyed Tesla's Plaid on the course.

Yes, I read the Maserati didn't match up well against the Taycan turbo EV, muscle wise. Give it time though. I am enjoying the sense of competition between heavy hitters like Maserati and Porsche. Heck, Tesla out performed Porsche in an EV match up. Porsche couldn't stand for that and this years Taycan destroyed Tesla's Plaid on the course.
Take a closer look at the photo I posted, especially the centralized driver's seat peeking out of the top! Let's have another look at this battery-operated Maserati.
1725420114898.png

Back