• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FAA Corsair

jknaus

Administrator
DSC03613.JPG

DSC03611.JPG

I will be starting this to have a break from WWI stuff for a bit. Will get into it tomorrow after I digest the tome of instructions. MP you'll have to sit tight a little :evil:
James

I will build this model vicariously through you James...

Really looking forward to it.

Tom

Glued a couple of pieces last night and primed with Vallejo black primer.
First thing after I got up this morning painted the interior with Vallejo Interior Green. Hope to paint some black tonight and start attaching cockpit pieces. Not much to see, but here are the opening shots.

DSC03617.JPG

DSC03616.JPG

DSC03615.JPG

DSC03614.JPG

James

Nice, good start James. I see they are following their precedent in not putting seam lines down the middle of panels. Makes life easy doesn't it?

There were a couple, but overall, really nice. And its all modular so other variants will be coming. Notice the spine is separate for later versions. In the side console piece (u shaped) you had to remove 2 locating lugs and sand down, so you know the cockpit will be almost universal and add what is needed for each mark of plane. Looking like a very nice kit so far.
James

Oh no, with everyone watching I'm starting to get nervous.
Some pics later today or tomorrow. Just starting to pick out little details at the moment.
James

:rotf

Okay a tiny amount of progress. then.

Of note, drilled and reamed out the litening holes on the foot troughs. Read that you should trim the decals exactly where the lines are and did not. You really should because there are pegs and locators etc that will interfere otherwise. Trying to decide if I should paint the back of the decals and clear pieces black to seal.

DSC03623.JPG

DSC03622.JPG

DSC03621.JPG

DSC03620.JPG

DSC03619.JPG

Long weekend so hope to get more going on.
James

Back