• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F4F-4 Wildcat

Leopard2

Ok, I couldn't resist. Here I am joining another campaign. Trying my luck on the HobbyBoss F4F-4 Wildcat. As always it will be straight OOB.

Joe

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

Ok, here are the first progress shots. I started on the cockpit as well as the firewall with the engine mounting brackets.

Joe

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

The interior green of the Wildcats were what Grumman called Bronze Green, I gave mine a filter of blue just to break that tone a little. Worked OK, didn't look exactly like interior green, but at this scale I wouldn't worry about it..I was looking at my -3 yesterday matter of fact.

off to a good start .... if only .... something in the design of this thingie always makes wonder why I'm thinking off a tadpole ... :)

Thanks guys.It looks like that this is a decent kit.

Bob, as far as the interior green is concerned I just use some wash on it and call it good. Canopy will be closed anyway so you won't be able to see much. Since I don't have US Navy Seat belts I am tempted just throw some RAF or Luftwaffe seat belts in there. Yeah, I know, I know I just don't want to spend x amount of dollars for a PE set.

Joe

Sorry I missed this, Joe, looks like it will be fun! MP has all the answers on Wildcats!

Got a little bit on the Wildcat done. Added some LW seatbelts ( Rivet counters forgive me). The cockpit and especially the instrument panel leave a lot to be desired. Also the fit of some of the parts isnt as good as you would expect from a 2 year old model. Anyway, I keep chugging along.

Joe

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

I'm not a rivet counter so it looks fine to me. Not many would notice it, especially once it's closed up.

:popcorn

Back