• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F16A - 1/48 kit from Kinetic

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
Right ... while final touches of paint are drying on the IAR, I have started this one ...

1713109896041.jpeg

And some extra goodies ...

1713109943174.jpeg

Inside the Blackdog kits ...

1713109984886.jpeg

1713110001027.jpeg

The 3D decals look very nice, never used this stuff before.
1713110044526.jpeg

Straight from the beginning, the kit parts look nice and crisp, lots of details. Blackdog stuff - there is only one problem - there are no instructions. None. This promises to be a lot of fun ...

Cheers,
Laurence

I think you'll find it's s great kit,as good as the Tamiya kit.Looking forward to all the extras you have.
I built mine a Belgian D-Day commemrative

I think you'll find it's s great kit,as good as the Tamiya kit.Looking forward to all the extras you have.
I built mine a Belgian D-Day commemrative
I like the kit already, it's a challenge to cut a lot of the original and threw it out, but the additions are worth it.

Laurence

Heaps of AM stuff.........:popcorn this should be pretty crazy :dance:
Crazy says you, madness says me :bigrin:

Right, time to make a move - the Black Dog F16 C Big Set (for Tamiya they say) is a little bit of a monster.

1713975693987.jpeg

Nose electronics - the whole chunk around and to the rear of the cockpit, turbine & co, right behind the air intake (top image) engine (bottom left) and tail electronics (bottom right). No instructions provided - nothing.

Started with the front section, electronics in front of the cockpit. Cutting panels from the piece in the kit was easy. Top section, two panels have to be removed, this shows one done, one to go. Same on the port side.
1713975873268.jpeg

This one below is from the AM kit - the whole thing is a block of resin, with a fair bit of stuff to be removed. Some of it was shaved off, about 1 millimeter.

1713975992565.jpeg

When this was done and the bottom half had the panels removed, I got these:

1713976085286.jpeg

Dry fitting

1713976138628.jpeg

Some more adjustment is required for a nice fit, that will follow soon.

Next update will be about the section behind the cockpit - that is one big chunk of resin.

1713976283216.jpeg

I ordered the AM for the nose radar - kit includes decent stuff, but that is not quite the level of detail I want.

Thanks for watching.

Laurence

I watched a new F16 play with a Krif over lake Hartwell here. They make F16s just up the road from me. The Krif rattled my windows this AM.
If you focus in on Devil11 you'll see him pulling a very sharp turn while breaking the sound barrier at the 10:15 mark. I've always been a fan of them and I still am!

Looks great Laurence.

Back