• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-14 Tomcat - Hasegawa Eggplane

helios

And now for something completely different and amusing.....

My entry into this campaign. :rotf

DSC_0410.JPG

I've built three of these little egg planes! My wife has them on her desk at work.They are a fun little diversion.

:popcorn

Waiting to see a Masterpiece ... :popcorn
I'm pretty sure you can't call any of my work a masterpiece! :laugh:

I've been busy w/ a motor swap in my daily driver (GTi)...that I managed to nick a new rear main seal during installation. So now I have to pull the trans back out after work tonight to replace that and likely a new clutch disc as well...because I'm pretty sure the brand new one in there now is soaked in Mobil 1. :bang head

I'll try to grab some pics in the next couple of days. But amidst all the other excitement, I did get some of the main construction done. Just need to fire up the airbrush and lay down some paint to move forward. I'm also using this as a bit of a test bed for practicing scribing...as my S-3 will need to have all it's raised panel lines converted to recessed to match the resin wingfold kit.

Waiting to see a Masterpiece ... :popcorn
I'm pretty sure you can't call any of my work a masterpiece! :laugh:

I've been busy w/ a motor swap in my daily driver (GTi)...that I managed to nick a new rear main seal during installation. So now I have to pull the trans back out after work tonight to replace that and likely a new clutch disc as well...because I'm pretty sure the brand new one in there now is soaked in Mobil 1. :bang head

I'll try to grab some pics in the next couple of days. But amidst all the other excitement, I did get some of the main construction done. Just need to fire up the airbrush and lay down some paint to move forward. I'm also using this as a bit of a test bed for practicing scribing...as my S-3 will need to have all it's raised panel lines converted to recessed to match the resin wingfold kit.

Sounds like quite a time at your place! Gotta watch them seals tho :bat The clutch disc can be salvaged, use some real fine sand paper on it.

Interesting lil project. Gonna be fun scribing it!! (y) I hear ya about the S-3. Had to rescribe the 1/48 F-4J Mig Killer I did. Thanks to the Legends cockpit having recessed panel lines!! :frantic IF I can do it, anyone can... :drinks

A little update. I got the insides of the intakes painted along w/ the white on the wings, so now I can move forward w/ construction.

DSCF2014.JPG

I'm taking a day off from working on cars, and spending some time on the bench today. B)

Round 1 of putty complete. Going to scoot off to the LHS now and grab a few more sanding sticks. By the time I get back home it should be ready for primer.

DSCF2020.JPG

Taking a little artistic license with this one. Per the instruction sheet the aircraft is supposed to be gull grey top and bottom. But if I'm going to be bothered with a hi-vis scheme...it's gonna be hi-viz damnit! So we are going old school gull grey over insignia white. ;)

DSCF2021.JPG

Gull grey on. This is the first time I've experimented with a putty mask. Should be interesting.

DSCF2024.JPG

Got about half the decals on last night, the big ones. Didn't take any pics though. Your all going to have to wait this one out until the finish now. :pp

Hope to get a few more on tonight after the race, then finishing up Thursday evening after work attaching & painting the final few bits.

Back