• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-117A "The Black Jet" 1st to Strike 1/48 Monogram

Swordsman

I'm joining with a 1st strike Plane "The Black Jet" F-117A ... getting Start-up photos now ... :woohoo:

The Patch ...

hac231e8.jpg

This is the way I bought this at my 1st Scale Fest ... From Henry Wells friend from Tulsa, Ok

h1072077.JPG

Official Start Photos ... Love the price of this Kit ...

h5697c32.JPG

h5b78817.JPG

hbd4e56e.JPG

Well there you Have it looks like I'll need a bigger plastic Builders Box for this Target Destroyer ...

Cheers Gerry ... Doing research now ...

At 2:51 am (Saudi time),January 17, 1991, Maj. Greg Feest, like in Panama, struck the first blow to start Operation DESERT STORM. Although he was actually behind the stealth force flying into Baghdad(Kamas Mushait was 650 miles due South of Baghdad), he was the first to bomb Iraq when he destroyed his first target-the center that controlled all of the air defense radars in the Baghdad area.

I'll see if there is a after market for this birds pilot ... :pilot

Thanks Terry although it is a Skill level 3 Kit ... looks simple enough. I'm still searching for after market extras, as this is a Monogram kit does anyone know if the Tamiya or Academy parts will interchange ??? Quick boost has a ejection seat, but that's all that seem generic ... :hmmm :idonno :pilot

Maj Feest was flying F-117A 85-0816 (sometimes referred to as 84-0816) "Lone Wolf". tail code "TR", on 17 Jan 91 with 415[sup]th[/sup] TFS, 37[sup]th[/sup] TFW, from King Khalid RSAFB. Aircraft 816 flew 39 combat missions. As a Captain he had flown the same aircraft on the first strikes of "Just Cause" in 1989.

Lone_Wolf.jpg

Best picture I could find of the art on the inside of the weapons bay door.

Artist illustration of "Lone Wolf" with tail code 84-0816, Aircraft Markings

Cheers,
Rich

Maj Feest was flying F-117A 85-0816 (sometimes referred to as 84-0816) "Lone Wolf". tail code "TR", on 17 Jan 91 with 415[sup]th[/sup] TFS, 37[sup]th[/sup] TFW, from King Khalid RSAFB. Aircraft 816 flew 39 combat missions. As a Captain he had flown the same aircraft on the first strikes of "Just Cause" in 1989.

Lone_Wolf.jpg

Best picture I could find of the art on the inside of the weapons bay door.

Artist illustration of "Lone Wolf" with tail code 84-0816, Aircraft Markings

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks Rich I was almost there ... I had the serial number & all the world crashed in on Me at Work and hadn't had a chance to get back too it ... :pilot

Back