• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Empty bench

paddy

Well thats a lie, my bench is piled high with stuff but it doesnt have a model scattered over the top of it :)
I have been catching up with the day job, having a bit of a clear out, sticking stuff on eBay to make some room
Unfortunately i have a habit of selling a couple of items and buying 3 more so its a losing battle.
Amazed people still sell on ebay, i haven't for a while and it seems even more of a bind than it used to be ?
Basically i think their philosophy is to take all the money and let you keep a small percentage for your trouble :)
Anyway i am looking at something now with a USA theme next that should fit in with this site and maybe keep you amused for a while. maybe next week.

We need few more builds in progress :cool:

I have been working on my work area. Had to work on the lathe last night as I have another paying job that I need to do on it. It was piled with stuff and one of the tools finally needed a "permanent" modification done. The room is still so cluttered that I have trouble figuring out what and where to put things. Plus I need to make some more paint racks. As I have a bunch of Vallejo and need to get them where I can see the sides.

I have a completely empty bench, but it's a new one I just built. The other 3 are full.

Edit: The picture:
IMGP4580.jpg

Last edited:
I have completely redone my modeling area with new old desks from my dad's estate. He was a dentist and there were some really neato, very retro cabinets from the 60's that were HIS dad's, who was also a dentist (his brother and grandfather were dentists too. The tradition stopped with me!). They are now paint storage. My bench is a disaster, and it seems that is the only way I can make models, is in a disaster area.

I can't believe Paddy has an empty bench! I am very intrigued by his teaser and very much looking forward to following along :popcorn

My friend, In truth I didn't have actual knowledge of a Cobra kit in that scale. I could only imagine what a Maestro of the Minute might do with such a model kit. My suggestion was a flight of fancy. However..................
OR!

I imagined, one day if $$ was no longer an object, the one car I buy without reservation would be Carroll Shelby's A/C 427 Cobra.
What spectacle that would be to pull into the Northrup Grumman or the Todd shipyards to rub elbows with builders of actual ships about another possible TLAR model project.

A Man must have a dream. An escape from the monotony of day to day Life.

Back