• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard Bf-109E-4

Any problem with me getting in on this one? You have my word that I didn't start before September. I am doing this one as Maj. Helmut Wick's aircraft. This is also my first attempt at an exposed engine.
The box:

Bf-109001.jpg

The 'pit:

Bf-109002-1.jpg

Bf-109001-1.jpg

I used the kit supplied engine for this one:

Bf-109engine001-1.jpg

Bf-109engine002-1.jpg

Bf-109engine003-1.jpg

After some helpful advice, I will be re-painting the exhaust pipes something darker.

Started decals today:

Bf109Mottling002-1.jpg

Bf109Mottling001.jpg

I understand that I came into this one late so I don't expect to claim a badge or anything. Just wanted to jump into the community.

Thanks for looking. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Jeff

Thanks, James. I did use a sponge for this. It worked pretty good and I'm glad someone turned me on to it. I was racking my brain on how to pull off that mottling.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, got to have a good start photo for our Battle of Britain. Plenty of time to get another started. We have Sci-Fi that is wide open for any WIPs subjects..as long as they are Sci-Fi. :woohoo:

Looks great! I picked up a sponge just to do this and have yet to do a mottle camo.

what a lovely, lovely kit! :pilot

i have the same one and will do beeck's ride! at first i wanted to do wick's ride but the scheme is too much for my nerves!

(for all the others: yes, i also wrote that i would choose von werra's plane but i just don't like that dude's character!)

welcome aboard jeff! you did a great job on this one and i will follow for sure ... and will ask you dumb questions when it's time for me to start my kit!

She even looks better with the decals on than the last time you showed her to us on skype Jeff. :popcorn

Hi Jeff and welcome to MA. Congratulations to you on pulling off such a paint job. It looks very interesting.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for all the responses, fellas.
Got back to the decals today after I masked and re-sprayed the splinters on the spine to bring them down to the lichtblau:

The bottom section of the arrow got itself a little crooked but I didn't notice until about an hour after I had already hit it with Micro-Sol. Nothing to do about it now.
Bf109decals003.jpg

Bf109decals001.jpg

Bf109decals002.jpg

Some of the red bled through on the tail. I'll touch that up later on.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome

Jeff that is looking really good. If you really soak that sucker in Microset you may be able to loosen it up enough to straighten it out.

Adam, that was the first thing I tried and it wouldn't budge. I have learned from hard won experience that if that doesn't work right away, best to just leave it as is. The Micro-Sol weakens the decal so much that it will easily rip to shreds. Oh well, live and learn. It's always something ain't it?

Can't notice it anyways Jeff, you guys are too critical on yourselves. I'd be proud of that bird! (y):

It is real nice. I think my CyberHobby Bf-109E-4 has a chevron in it. If you are willing to remove the decal (which looks fine to me) I will gladly send you my chevrons. I won't need them.

Regards,

I've wanted to see what this kit looked like. You're doing a great job.

(y)

Greetings Jeff;

..... Nice BF-109/E-4.......... :cheer:

I have one of the Dragon WingTech 1/32nd BF-109/E-4 models.
From the article's that I have read. The Eduard & the Dragon
WingTech kits are the best
..... I also purchased the Eduard exterior, and the Cockpit
PE sets, Just to be on the safe side. Between the Eduard &
the PE WingTech, I can choose which PE parts I want to use.

How do you like working with the New Eduard kits.... ?

Good luck, and keep building. She is looking great.

Althrough.... you did beat me to the punch... by
your choses to build Wicks aircraft....
...... I reckon, I Will build Werner Molders
BF-109/E-4........ or may-haps be .. Josef Priller's
aircraft with 1/JG-51. or..... etc.

Good Build...
Mike

Back