• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard 1/48th Camel

Big10

Been working on Eduard's new mold Camel here lately. Not a bad kit, just a little finicky with it's size.

IMG_20220309_203637476_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220309_203737019_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220309_203657023_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220309_203650011_HDR.jpg

This build is coming along quite nicely Jonathon! The smaller biplanes can be a challenge to get everything lined up square and correctly and it looks like you are doing a bang up job!

3D-Looks Good.gif

Thanks all, was working on the rigging and it slipped out my fingers. Natural reaction is to catch it between the legs and you can guess what happened, snap the top wing right off. 😔😔 Got it somewhat glued back together but not too happy about it. The Mustang group build cannot get here fast enough.

Calling this done. Not my best build and got a little heavy with the glue in some places. I definitely prefer rigging on a 1/32nd model.
I'll bet you do!! Despite your heavy gluing (I still can't see where) this looks fantastic. Very well done.

Turned out quite good! These small biplanes can be a real pain to handle, especially when adding the rigging. I figured out how to use fine nylon monofilament thread a long time ago and use it rather than the EZ thread.

3D-Great Job.gif

Back