• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

eBay Inc. To Ask eBay Users To Change Passwords!!!

Arturius

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/05/ebay-inc-to-ask-ebay-users-to-change-passwords/

eBay Inc. To Ask eBay Users To Change Passwords

Earlier today eBay Inc. announced it is aware of unauthorized access to eBay systems that may have exposed some customer information. There is no evidence that financial data was compromised and there is no evidence that PayPal or our customers have been affected by the unauthorized access to eBay systems. We are working with law enforcement and leading security experts to aggressively investigate the matter.

As a precaution, we will be asking all eBay users (both buyers and sellers) to change their passwords later today. As a global marketplace, nothing is more important to eBay than the security and trust of our customers. We regret any inconvenience or concern that this situation may cause you. We know our customers and partners have high expectations of us, and we are committed to ensuring a safe and secure online experience for you on any connected device.

Pay atention lad's!!!
I'll change my right now! :idonno

Cheers

Art

If the email had a link on it to change your password dont click it. Ebay doesnt send email like that. It could be a scam to get access. I checked my ebay a few hours ago and my email a few minutes ago and did not see a warning.
The newest crop of thieves is very good at fooling people.
James

If the email had a link on it to change your password dont click it. Ebay doesnt send email like that. It could be a scam to get access. I checked my ebay a few hours ago and my email a few minutes ago and did not see a warning.
The newest crop of thieves is very good at fooling people.
James

Actually in this case it's true. I was reading an article about it on Cnet. Although I agree that it is always better to just go to the website and not click on links in an email.

I know that James, and aprecieate the warning, but this information was taken by the official page of ebay.com
looking at the "news" link you'll see this article.

Cheers

Art

I didn't get an email either but saw the news, first thing I do when they talk about password breach, change the password. Of course don't leave postit notes around your computer with all the passwords on them. :rotf

I didn't get an email either but saw the news, first thing I do when they talk about password breach, change the password. Of course don't leave postit notes around your computer with all the passwords on them. :rotf

You have a better way of remembering them...?

Wait we shouldn't do that :rotf The worst is my passwords for work. Have to change it every three months and it can't be any of the past 25 passwords. :bang head Now those are fun to remember

Back