• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E-75 What-if Berlin 1946...just wasting time

Hi all.

Since I have to wait a couple of weeks until I get my T-55 resin castings, I thought I would do something a bit different, for me at least.

Although I am not a big fan of what-if and paper panzer models, I just couldn't resist when My good friend and fellow club member, Steve Reid, asked if I would be interested in painting the one he is working on.

Steve's love for scratch building and what-if models shows when you see the models he builds, awesome and talented. Steve has done a full build blog on this model, and can be seen here.

With the building part of this project done, the model was handed over to me at our last club meeting, and the model is now at my rust factory waiting to be painted.

Here are a couple of pics of how the model looked as of last night.

x4.jpg

x5.jpg

28.jpg

A complete painting blog can be found here.

http://site.scratchmod.com/E-75__What-if.php

I'm having a blast using different techniques on this model. Still to come are dust and grime streaking using AK Inertactive products.

Thanks for looking.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com
info@scratchmod.com

Hi there...
I was just wondering what color or colors did you use to create the red primer?. Im thinking of doing my 1/35 Dragon MAUS 6007 all in a red primer.

P.S outstanding kit and paint job. (y)

:woohoo: :woohoo: Wow Rob! This is looking awesome! I'm no fan of paper panzers either, but the build that Steve did and your paintjob is looking awesome! Great job to the both of you (y)
Steven

Hey bro, this is looking really sharp.

I hope you and the guys have a blast at the show this weekend and when all this stuff here at home settles down, I'll have to come over to see this bad larry in person.

Excellent work.

:D

Hi folks, thanks for all the great feedback and I'm thrilled you like it so far.

Ken, anytime you want to come by let me know.

Steven, thanks buddy and I'll see you this Sunday. I need to talk to you about the Rusting Workshop I will be hosting.

Ok I got a lot done yesterday evening, mainly some weathering with A.K. Interactive weathering products. And also some MIG oils and pigments. Here is how she looks at the moment.

edit006.jpg

edit007.jpg

edit003.jpg

editpics015.jpg

editpics018.jpg

editpics019.jpg

A complete painting blog can be found here.

I am working on the burnt area next, then I will be using the A.K. weathering products again for the dust and dry dirt on the lower hull.

Stayed tuned folks, the fun has only just begun. :lol:

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

ROB,

I totally Dig it Dude !! It looks Awesome ! I love th Chalked marks on th Steel ! Really Frackin' Cool !! Great JOB !! (y) :notworthy :ro:

ERIK

Back