• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DVD player blues

jknaus

Administrator
Okay I am totaly lost. Trying to take the computer off of the TV. It will be easier just having a dvd player instead. Hooked up the dvd player in composite and in rgb mode. No sound either way. Different machines, different patch cords. I do not understand why I have no sound. Anyone have an idea?
James

Some TV's require you to select the video source, in this case component video as opposed to hdmi or computer. Not sure what you overall equipment picture is :bang head

Whether component or rgb or computer I get video. When I try component or rgb and place the jacks in the appropriate places I get no sound. Makes no sense.
James

I really think you have to have audio cable as well. I think HDMI is the only interface that carries audio.

composite? yellow cable only? that doesn't work! you'll have to connect the audio cables (marked white and red) additionally! the yellow cable carries video signals only!

same with RGB!

solution: either you connect tv and dvd with a separate audio cinch additionally to the composite/rgb or you connect both with either Scart or HDMI!

Sounds like ya need the help of a teenager,they know everything about tech. :lol: Buggerall else though,but tech yes. :laugh:

I guess I should have been more detailed in my writing. I have pluged the red and white audio cables into every audio port on the TV. Nothing. There is no hd. The dvd player doesnt have a cable port. Everything that has been mentioned I have tried. I think today I'll pack the machines up and take back to the store. Its frustrating.

Thanks everyone for the help. I had hoped I missed a step but I really dont think so.

James

Back