• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Duke Maddog's CTA2 Launch My Choice: Sleepy Hollow

Thanks guys!

Yeah, no head indeed! Makes it easier to paint his face! :blink :tomato :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I still need to decide what's going in his right hand... a sword, an axe, or a jack o' lantern.... :hmmm

Hmm, I'm more partial to the sword myself, but the axe makes more sense. I kinda hate to use the jack o' lantern if I can't light it up somehow, but since I closed this guy up already; that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

We shall see what gets the most votes.

Some say the Axe is the weapon of the Horseman, since most people associate losing one's head to an axe. However, most sightings of this apparition show it holding a Sword since that is the weapon of an officer on horseback. Others also do reveal an Axe, but it is more frequently seen with the sword. Disney perfected the image of the Horseman holding a flaming Jack o' Lantern; which I admit does look cool, but is impossible for me to properly replicate on this model.

I shall continue to work on this while I decide what weapon I'll go with.

Here is a small update showing the things I got done at my Hobby Day weekend.

I went over my Sleepy Hollow some more and re-scribed and shaped parts of it better to hide the seams more. Afterward, I assembled the tree that is supposed to go on the base. This needs some more work before I'm ready to add it to the main base:

WIP_CTA_MyChoice_Xa.jpg

WIP_CTA_MyChoice_X.jpg

Next I assembled most of the base for this; I left off one Jack o' Lantern since I needed to paint the interior of it first:

WIP_CTA_MyChoice_XI.jpg

I also figured I'd add the head to the left hand of the Horseman. Here you can see him dry-fit to the almost completed base:

WIP_CTA_MyChoice_XIIa.jpg

WIP_CTA_MyChoice_XIIc.jpg

WIP_CTA_MyChoice_XIIb.jpg

Now to figure out how to paint the harness in front:

WIP_CTA_MyChoice_XIII.jpg

That is all I have for now. It ain't much, but I appreciate any and all comments. Thanks for looking in.

Back