• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Drones, The New Generation

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Your error is understandable, Dave. This stuff is all hush-hush. Even the techies at Spunk Works working on the project don't know what their colleague next door is working on. The official classification rating is "erase before reading!" :yipee

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Thanks MP and yes, the build is lots of fun!

Here's the thruster with the paint on:

Engine032.jpg

Engine029.jpg

More to come....

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Thank you Dave and James!

I painted my drone just like the Predator, USAF Gray. I used Gunze acrylic H308. The upper side was lightened with 40% white for color modulation, the very clear demarcation between upper and under sides lending itself particularly well to this particular technique.

painting001.jpg

painting002.jpg

More soon...

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Thanx MP.

Here's the latest!

I painted the details including the rest of the engine and applied an oil wash after a coat of Future.

painting007.jpg

painting012.jpg

painting015.jpg

I have a tendency to apply washes that are too dark it seems so I tried to go light this time. I'm satisfied with the result. Hope you like it too.

Next post should be the final one! Hopefully very soon.

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Thanks guys!

Some pics of the decals. I had something else in mind but it didn't work out so the spare box had to do. You'll notice the allusion to the MaK universe which inspired this model from the beginning.

decals002.jpg

decals001.jpg

M

Let me introduce you to this new product from General Atomics Aeronautical Systems with an article published in the April issue of Jane's Defense Weekly entitled:

"During the nineties, while fielding their MQ-1 Predator, General Atomics initiated work, under a cloak of utter secrecy, on a much more advanced UCAV design. After close to twenty years in development, the prototype was unveiled two days ago, stunning observers and shocking the competition. Integrating such advanced technologies as anti-gravity lift and ion propulsion with a sophisticated flight control system using thrust vectoring, differential lift and air-brakes, the UCAV is a highly maneuverable, fully autonomous gun platform with full hover and extreme skid capability. The company claims that the drone can fire not only the turret gun but also its fixed cannon at virtually any angle to the line of flight and hit targets with computer-controlled precision while itself remaining extremely hard to hit, making it, in the words of the spokesperson "the ultimate gunship." Standing in sharp contrast with these technical innovations, its armament is comprised of two of the oldest items in the US arsenal: the M61 Vulcan and the M2 Browning, which could almost be qualified as an anachronism. However, judging from the absence of a cartridge ejection port for the Vulcan and other hints, there is good reason to believe that the cannon is a dummy installed for demonstration purposes only and that the production series will come with weaponry of a much more exotic nature, perhaps still in development, such as excimer laser cannon. But even as is the drone unquestionably sets a new standard for the industry. Comparing it to its ancestor the MQ-1, with whom it shares a common airframe but little else, makes the latter at once seem antiquated. But then its very name 'Predator,' with its double meaning only now becoming apparent, points to the fact that it wasn't ever meant to be anything else than a stepping stone in the developmental line, predating the attainment of what had been the company's true objective from the very beginning!"

So there you have it. The ground breaking new drone from GA!

Final003.jpg

Final004.jpg

Final005.jpg

Final006.jpg

Final009.jpg

Final010.jpg

Final015.jpg

Final016.jpg

Final017.jpg

Final018.jpg

Final018.jpg

Final019.jpg

Final021.jpg

Final022.jpg

Final024.jpg

Final029.jpg

Final031.jpg

Final034.jpg

Final035.jpg

Thanks to all who followed me through this build. And a special thanks to my friend Chris whose idea this was originally and who so graciously let me steal it!

M

Let me introduce you to this new product from General Atomics Aeronautical Systems with an article published in the April issue of Jane's Defense Weekly entitled:

"During the nineties, while fielding their MQ-1 Predator, General Atomics initiated work, under a cloak of utter secrecy, on a much more advanced UCAV design. After close to twenty years in development, the prototype was unveiled two days ago, stunning observers and shocking the competition. Integrating such advanced technologies as anti-gravity lift and ion propulsion with a sophisticated flight control system using thrust vectoring, differential lift and air-brakes, the UCAV is a highly maneuverable, fully autonomous gun platform with full hover and extreme skid capability. The company claims that the drone can fire not only the turret gun but also its fixed cannon at virtually any angle to the line of flight and hit targets with computer-controlled precision while itself remaining extremely hard to hit, making it, in the words of the spokesperson "the ultimate gunship." Standing in sharp contrast with these technical innovations, its armament is comprised of two of the oldest items in the US arsenal: the M61 Vulcan and the M2 Browning, which could almost be qualified as an anachronism. There is good reason, however, to believe that future types will come with weaponry of a much more exotic nature such as excimer laser cannon. But even as is the drone unquestionably sets a new standard for the industry. Comparing it to its ancestor the MQ-1, with whom it shares a common airframe but little else, makes the latter at once seem antiquated. But then its very name 'Predator,' with its double meaning only now becoming apparent, points to the fact that it wasn't ever meant to be anything else than a stepping stone in the developmental line, predating the attainment of what had been the company's true objective from the very beginning!"

So there you have it. The ground breaking new drone from GA!

Final003.jpg

Final004.jpg

Final005.jpg

Final006.jpg

Final009.jpg

Final010.jpg

Final015.jpg

Final016.jpg

Final017.jpg

Final018.jpg

Final018.jpg

Final019.jpg

Final021.jpg

Final022.jpg

Final024.jpg

Final029.jpg

Final031.jpg

Final034.jpg

Final035.jpg

Thanks to all who followed me through this build. And a special thanks to my friend Chris whose idea this was originally and who so graciously let me steal it!

M
Stunning mate (y)

Back