• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Drones, The New Generation

MichelC

Here's a build that I started last year and that I'm just getting back to.

It is...well, what it says in the title. As far as the kit is concerned, it is the Italeri offering of the MQ-1 Predator in 72 scale. With some mods, that is. :D

Assy008.jpg

Assy004.jpg

If anyone is interested I can explain what it's all about and post more pics of the earlier build steps. B)

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Thank you guys!

This is a fun little project that I started after the Italeri Predator I did last year.

I had another box of the same kit and decided I was going turn it into a Whif. A friend of mine had turned his Predator kit into a Maschinen Krieger drone. As I'm quite fan of the MaK universe I decided to go ahead and do just that. I'm an incorrigible copycat. But in case you didn't know, so are you or you wouldn't be obsessively make scale models of anything you see! :D

Here are some pics of what went before:

04ro.jpg

ulsf.jpg

rd0m.jpg

I case you're wondering what the big one is in the last pic, it's the 1/20 MaK Falke flying tanks's air-brake that served as a source of inspiration.

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Now that is a way to repurpose an clock radio - Only an modeler will look at it and say "That will make great air brakes"

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

You're right, Dave. So much so that you don't dare throw anything away anymore for fear it might one day be useful! :S

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Some more of the earlier steps.

The gun turret with some scratched detailing.

cqu1.jpg

Ready to receive this:

pc8d.jpg

That's a Browning M2 from Mini World. Nice detail but this one is even better:

9bh8.jpg

M61 Vulcan from the Polish company Master. 17 pieces to be assembled.

wpvf.jpg

rsgg.jpg

pnzk.jpg

More to come...

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Thanks Dave, if you like the gat you should like it even more painted, then!

wlsc.jpg

r5yf.jpg

tlb8.jpg

rfeu.jpg

Guns038.jpg

Guns040.jpg

The landing gear is cobbled together from pieces of paperclips and some tubing. Our little guy has full VTOL capability, of course, so that was a rather straightforward affair.

ct9x.jpg

t8bb.jpg

That's it for the work done so far. The next post will be in real time!

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Thank you Gator and Luiz!

Here's the latest.

I made the thrust vectoring ion thruster following the engine's original schematics faithfully.

The nozzle was done with the metallic point of a ballpoint, clad with strips of aluminum tape for petals.

Engine003.jpg

The rest of the pics are self-explanatory.

Engine005.jpg

Engine009.jpg

Engine006.jpg

Engine007.jpg

Engine028.jpg

Engine020.jpg

Engine027.jpg

The final result:

Engine023.jpg

Engine022.jpg

How do I know the schematics I used are genuine? Cos I made the myself, that's how! :D

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Thanks Dave!

Here's the other part of the engine, inspired like the rest by the MaK Falke.

Engine010.jpg

Engine012.jpg

Engine013.jpg
n

Engine014.jpg

Engine017.jpg

Thanks for watching.

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

No, no, this is the propulsion system. The lift engines are the 3 pods on the underside. :pilot

M

Anti-Grav Drone Gunship

Ah I see my mistake I thought it was the Thingamajigget unit that made it fall upward and forward :D

Back