• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

dried acrilic paint in my spray cup!

kryptosdaddy

Dumb, yes- but i put one away and forgot it. it had about a 1/4 of the 1/4 oz cup full with MM acrylic white thinned with alcohol. When i found it the white paint has dried to a blue tint and is rock hard- I'm soaking it with lacquer cleaner now, better suggestions? I'm all ears. thanks CR

I think time for the oven cleaner, score the paint abit so the cleaner can get in there and it sould start falling apart

I found an local organic paint stripper from Dulux here that works even better than ovencleaner. After my little accident with ovencleaner I am trying to stay clear of those chemical burns.

lacquer thinner, a dissecting needle, tweezers, Q-tips and cotton balls. Finally got it all out. and for good measure i cleaned the other one to. thanks for the suggestions, I didnt think that white would come out!

Usually soak mine in straight ammonia. takes about 4 hours for a squeaky clean cup.

Windex is really hard on plated surfaces, use with caution and remember to flush!

Back